Monday, November 12, 2007

Time for a break!

Monday 12 Nov 07

Yup, me felt it was time for a break...esp in appreciation of my other half's patience, tolerance & understanding of this eccentric ole guy! Yup again, my other half shone thru again in this testing period of true love...and the only way me know how to show my appreciation is to take her for a trip albeit only nearby....

Yup again. Where else can we go except to Penang, our hometown actually. A place of ties which somehow is hard to break. Moreover it's the nearest place to where I am now.

So after breakfast out yesterday (11 Nov), we were off on our Pg trip. On arrival, we started off with a visit to my brother-in-law. He's 80+ now...living alone most of the time. We were happy to find him in reasonably good health. And his second eldest son was there keeping him company cos it's a Sunday. Had quite a long chat b4 we left for lunch.

Lunch was at a nearby "food court"...adjacent to a market. We were surprised at the no. of food stalls selling delicious local fare! Me took my usual fav dish...fried koay teow. RM2.90 but with 2 huge fresh & crunchy prawns! As usual, one prawn became my usual "trademark"...for my other half...hehe...

After lunch we adjourned to a popular haunt. Yup, Gurney Plaza. Haven't been there like ages oledi. Lots & lots to see. Besides other items of insignificance, me bought my fav imported dark chocs. 2 whole slabs! Yummy!

The biggest investment...my fav hobby...pampering myself with a "new toilet". Btw, "new toilet" simply is a nickname for a new device for me to "play" with? Here it is :

Yup, it's an iTech Clip II Mini Bluetooth headset. A true blue handsfree device. Me have been eyeing that item for a while. And yesterday was when everything was thrown to the wind! Rber? Living for the moment? Yup, life is short...happiness is the moment...not waiting for it!

2 variations were available. Plain colours eg black or white...and metallic silver/chrome. Just a bit more $$...so me took the metallic silver one! Not every day that me would buy such an item, right? Ha ha!

Btw, the BT device runs on BT Ver 2.0 Class 2 & comes with a mains charger, a USB charger, a neck strap & of course, instruction manuals in both English & Mandarin. It is packed nicely in a very special cylindrical presentation box, too! Made in China, too...of course! For more official info here : http://www.itechdynamic.com/en/products_spec.asp?cid=1&pid=01041

After spending a few hrs at Gurney, it was visiting time again. Yup, we visited our relatives at Minden Heights. Spent abt a couple of hrs catching up with news & developments. Was happy to find everyone in good spirits. And, of course, the best part is, "they can see me & I can see them! " My infamous quote?

Finally it was time to make our return journey home. At first we thought of stopping over at Tesco, Pg, but due2 the Sunday crowd, it was felt 2be not so advisable.

We stopped for dinner at one of our usual fav coffee shops next to Tesco, Sungai Petani. And since Tesco was just next door, we hopped over for a "cruise" around. In so doing, we, unfortunately, had to "contribute" abit to Tesco's coffers...hehe...

On the way out, we noticed many ppl climbing over the fence separating Tesco from a new building. And when we checked it out, it was becoz of the opening of a new "Mall"...the Lagenda Village Mall! So we joined others in climbing over the fence and Wow! There was indeed a crowd! A fashion show was in progress & we spent more than an hour browsing!

Pic of part of the Mall : Well, it was indeed a great break! A stress reliever after all the hassle over the car speakers saga. A great time together for me & my other half. Thanks, B, for all your love...takes a lot to be with, stay with & still be with me all these years! I thank God for you...

An Update : Taman Berjaya 2

Looks like it's gonna be a whole new picture opposite Lot 10 from now. Things are really moving. Concrete piles are being delivered daily. A shack has been built. Piling equipment up & ready...even starting to thump thump oledi just now. Incessant thumping. Days are gonna be noisy now...sincerely hope that's it & nothing worse. Below : The scene as it was this morning - the view from our balcony :

No comments: