Thursday, November 1, 2007

A new "adventure" begins...

What can I say? Things around here have been kinda quiet...and somehow there is the feeling of a need for something new...hehe...

What do I mean? After installing an Amplifier in my ole junk, the weaknesses of the existing speakers, a 2-way Honda set, was exposed. Vibrations were immediately obvious when music with good bass was played. Kinda irritating lo...

On checking, the cause & reason was clear & evident. The Amp was delivering RMS 75W of power with the speakers capable of only RMS 60W! They just do Not match...

And so the search began. Search for a better set of speakers. A no. of available options were explored. Even a well-known brand as Kicker of USA was considered. Tried to purchase even. Failed to get them at reduced prices. Was even offered at RM486 as an INSTANT grab! Me not have that kind of $$$...if only I had tho...

Tried bidding for a Pioneer 3-way. Price went up beyond my bank acct limit. Gave up. Asked around & found that really branded speakers are going for above RM250! Only option was to get Made in China ones. Below RM200.

My hunt then continued. Found a no. of sets of Pioneer TS-A6991S 6x9in 480W 5-way speakers being offered on our local online auction site. Only for a starting bid of RM79 + RM25 handling & delivery charges. A good bargain, it appears.

Above : Pics of box & the speakers.
Specs look good. Even if, as was explained to me, these speakers might not be original ones, me feel they have to be pretty good copies of the original. Not easy to reproduce such a complex item, right? Feel they could probably be Made in China Pioneer sets. Now tell me, what is NOT made in China these days? Anyway, me sincerely hoping they are genuine originals tho...

Well, my luck held & me won the bid on those speakers at their starting price. Now the waiting starts. Delivery has been confirmed to be within these 2 days. Me will write more when the speakers are here...received in good condition...(they are supposedly New)...and installed plus working fine in my ole junk! All that are ?? in each & every auction purchase made over the Net. One just cannot escape that...

Wish me luck!

No comments: