Friday, November 16, 2007

Should I...?

Yup, that's the BIG question me am asking myself now.

Yup again...it's abt my latest acquisition of Pro-RS braided brake hoses. I started a few threads in our local car forums and one feedback me got is kinda negative. It seems this make of hoses failed/leaked at its joint in a Proton Wira after abt only 2 years!

On checking, the latest release of Pro-RS hoses come with upgraded features and one of them is stated in their website as :


All PRO-RS Brake Hose Kit is now furnished with POLYOLEFIN Sleeves at the joint
between hose and metal fittings.
This sleeves protects the joint from corrosion and reduce the hose flexing at the joint. This feature increases Reliability and Extend the life-time of PRO-RS Brake Hose Kit.

Pic below shows the new sleeve at one end of a hose :

Maybe this upgrade is to prevent the possibility of leakage? Feel me better wait for more feedback b4 replacing my orig stock brake hoses since they are presently still ok.

Well, gotta go soon. Need to get ready to attend the wedding dinner of my next door neighbour's son...tonight. Also looks like it might pour...hehe...like some ppl believe, maybe the bride took too much soup? Ha ha!

No comments: