Thursday, May 21, 2009

It's ALL mine...finally!

Thu 210509

Yup, me lappy is 100% my lappy now! Hip hip hooray! And yup, that is the advantage of using "plastic" to pay for purchases...

Yup, I bought the lappy on 120409. Signed for it using 1 of my "Gold" cards. And I've been using it like me very own since then although I've not actually paid a single sen for it!

And yup, my billing date falls on the 6th of every month. And yup again, I only have to settle the bill on the 26th of that month. So, theoretically, I have been using the lappy for free from 1204 and can do so till 2605! And that is, roughly almost like 1 & half months...before I even had to pay for it! That's great, ain't it?

However, me, being one of conscience, just couldn't keep on having that "I owe them" feeling in my mind that long. And so, I actually paid for it a few days back ie shortly after I got the bill in the mail. And yup, all RM2557 of it! RM2299 for the lappy & the rest for the wireless router & misc items.

You know what one great saying is? Yup, it is simply this...
"He who owes nothing is a very rich man... "
And yup, so me am now quite a rich man! In fact, RM2557 richer!! Agreed? Ha ha!

Well, as always...every month...our Kay Pa is right on the dot! Yup, our May contri from our Kay Pa came in late last night itself. TQ, KP! You're truly a great caring "guy"!

Now, if only all those who are responsible for the monthly upkeep of their old folks (esp their parents) do emulate our KP...rather than keep the poor ole folks waiting day after day, not knowing each & every month when such financial help would come. There'll then be more happy old folks around in the world! And, more importantly, resulting in the development of a truly more caring society...

In this aspect, all pensioners can thank their lucky stars ( & God, of course!) that their Kay Pa had been, is and will (hopefully) be a truly reliable & responsible contributor & caretaker of their financial well-being, practically till the day they have to leave this world! And that, frankly, is what all people in their golden years would wish for...peace of mind. And that they are not waiting for "handouts" but only what they deserve in the Cycle of Life.

On the political front, however, a new chapter & some excitement, will be witnessed today (& tomorrow maybe) in the Perak Govt constitutional impasse ...depending on the outcome of the court case being heard today. And, in the meantime, democracy & the people continue to suffer while politicians play their games. Sometimes one wonders who are the masters in a democracy...the elected politicians or the people?

On that note, it's time to call this the entry for today. Have a good weekend, ok?

No comments: