Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Flashbacks...a compilation?

Wed 240110

Yup, a thousand apologies but me had not accomplished nor done much to write about them till now. And yup, me had accumulated & thus can now write about a few things recently which me had done.

Here goes...

For one thing, during a recent trip to Taiping, me spotted a new gadget, @Taiping Sentral, that me thought would be useful in times of "Need". It's an in-car electronic voltage converter. It converts our car voltage of 12V to the usual household 220V & an output of max 150W, with even a USB socket with USB output power for use by USB devices. More than enough to power a laptop. Cost? RM79. On the left is the V2TEC 1500 P-150W Power Inverter with USB port as installed in the console of my ole junk...

Another item was the "salvaging" of an earlier bought DVD player, a Dzon model. Bought from Tesco Mergong some time back for its mpeg playability and, of course, when it was on offer! It was installed in our master bedroom but ultimately replaced by an LG & more recently by one with USB support! Now this Dzon is serving us well in our dining area...haha! See?

One final thing me had to do was to renew our car insurance & road tax which is expiring in the first week of March. I didn't get any renewal notice this time around! Even though it's only slightly more than 2 weeks before expiry. I would normally get a renewal letter from the insurance company more than 1 month ahead of expiry!

So I made a couple of calls but the lady on the other end told me she would call back after she had checked the status of my policy renewal. However, she failed to keep to her promise! Such staff definitely is a big minus point for any company!

Anyway, as the lady boss would be back after her CNY leave the following week, I waited and made a final attempt. Yup, that call paid off. Everthing went smoothly & the insurance was renewed as a Third Party policy @only RM88.40 in spite of 115% loading but after my eligible 55% NCB, thereby saving me more than a hundred bucks! And the road tax for 2010 was renewed through a provided service...the very same day! Thanks a meg, Ms L!!

A pic to share...the new renewed road tax disc installed!

Well, Life As Is goes on...not plain sailing but we must never give up whenever faced with seemingly impossible uphill tasks. As a well known proverb goes...

"Perseverence is the Key to Success!"
True? To me, it was.

Have a great week ahead, ok?

No comments: