Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The missing piece?

Wed 170110

Yup, there is a missing piece...without it, the beginnings of all of the UNhappiness on Day #2 of this CNY would be incomplete...

And yup, it all started well & happy enough. Good Intentions. It was the day after Valentine's Day. We had detoured for a stop at SP on our way home after CNY celebrations in Penang. In high spirits. Happy days. Happy memories.

So a stopover at Tesco South in SP was envisioned as a good do on the trip home. At Tesco, I went over to the electrical & electronics section while my other half went for her own interest sections.

It was there at the the handphone section that the Motorola VE538 unit (pic on left) on promotion attracted my attention. I'd read about the promotional price in Tesco adverts even before CNY. @298.88. With a Tesco discount voucher for purchases above RM150, I could get it for only RM286.88.

Consequently, I'd thought this would be a good Valentine's Day present for my other half as I had not got her anything this time around. Small enough & appears suitable for a lady. Her existing hp was my ole N3200 bought in 2004 and passed over to her in Jan 2007...when she literally flushed hers down the toilet at a Mall!

As events unfolded, somehow, one thing followed another...smoothly... after I started my enquiries about the offer unit. Answers confirmed that that model suppported both 3G (with 2 cameras) & Bluetooth. Other specs were checked, etc. And finally, the unit was even tested by inserting my SIM card. Very satisfactory results were obtained.

As always, good flow of things point to a good ending...a good purchase. Or else something would have deterred or obstructed the flow of events.

And so it was that me agreed to buy a unit. A new boxed unit was brought to me and I was checking the contents when "disaster" struck!

My other half came into the scene...

And when told that I'd bought the VE538 for her, there was total rebuttal! Full & open objection! I even told her...pls, be happy...I've already agreed to buy it! But no...whatever I said made no difference. I was told I was wrong to get it for her...that I was wasting good money on the present! That she did not want it...

All that in spite of my telling her that the phone is my Valentine's Day present for her! Her answer? There is no such need...not need to buy such an expensive item. I told her that the phone was on offer. I had planned to even buy it before but I had no opportunity to enquire about it nor test it till that day. I even assured her that we could afford the purchase with no bad effects. But no...she just would not accept nor be happy about my decision to buy it for her!

Of all her reasons for objections, one stood out, namely I had recently not allowed her to buy shirts (and a watch) for me. Likewise now, she would not allow me to buy anything for her without her consent! A tit for tat thingy? At our ages isn't that kind of reasoning kinda ridiculous? Phew!

Personally, me feel that there is more to it than meets the eye. It is felt that there is some other underlying reason/factor that caused her to grab at the opportunity to hit out at me...

Ok...back to the story.

Now, I had already bought it. Throw it away? Give it to someone who needs it or appreciates it?

And so it was...all the way home from SP to AS...a very bad & sad ending to what would have been a great CNY outing...

That was on 15th Feb. And the situation just got worse when we reached home. Pls read the entry yesterday for what had happened then.

Thank God the situation has improved a bit more since then. Lot 10 has survived another upheaval. The atmosphere in Lot 10 is cooler now.

But when will another "eruption" take place? There is an active "volcanic source" in Lot 10....simmering since March 2008...with tremors & eruptions when emotions were triggered & spilled over. Just waiting to fully erupt one day.

Unfortunately, it's another wait & see situation. Only God knows when....

My prayer? Once again, it is simply this....

Dear God, pls help my other half to see the damage all these events caused by that "S" has been breaking up the bond that we both had after 41+ years of marriage...pls don't let it come between us. Amen.

No comments: