Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The so-called "Stupid Bread"...

Tue 190110

Yup, to some cynical (maybe even arrogant) ppl, a specially baked, unique, wholesome & nutritious kind of bread can be nicknamed as the "Stupid Bread"! Believe me, that is not a made-up nickname but one I would never ever forget...

And yup, I was told that once upon a time when that "S" was still part & parcel of this family. I was told (to be fair it was not by that "S"...) that was what they called this kind of bread...the 3-seeded bread loaf by Adventist Bakery in Penang. And me was telling them how I loved that kind of bread...its texture, its taste & its goodliness. Some ppl can be a true "spoilsport" or did I use that term wrongly?

Thank God that view was only by that person & that person alone! And definitely not by most ppl, if not all, that I've mentioned that bread to. And it made me especially happy & proud that our family doctor shared my views, besides enjoying the same bread!

I had once even requested that "S" to buy a loaf of that bread for me since he was at the bakery branch in Farlim and he was going to come to A/Star. But alas, he could not even do that for his own father. His response to my request at that time? "I don't know which kind of bread you're talking about..." And when I stated that it was the "3-seeded" type with a red-coloured wrapper, he further complained, " There are so many types there. I don't know which one is that."

Phew! Can you ever believe those were responses from a son to his own father's request for help to get him a loaf of the bread that his father loved & enjoyed taking? And it wasn't a repetitive request from me...not like I asked for it each & every time! Just a simple affordable & do-able request. Only God knows why...

Fyi I got another loaf this morning. One of many that I've been so lucky & blessed to receive before this day. Thanks a meg, doc!

Frankly, doc, you are, at any time, zillion times better than my so-called "S"!! I do sincerely appreciate your thoughts of me each time you see the availability of that bread. I thank you from the bottom of my heart...your kind gesture had been so often that I've lost count of the number of times you've bought & brought the bread all the way back from Penang...for lil ole me! ( NB. ...which my own "S" could not do even once...for his own father! Sad but true... )

As you can feel (in this entry), Lot 10 inmates had ridden over the "ripples" that passed through Lot 10 last Sunday. The clouds have cleared & Lot 10 is once again basking in the glorious sunshine & its warmth. Once more the love between 2 ppl was tested & it was a grand graduation with flying colours! 41+ years of relationship just could not and would not crumble under, what I call now, the "Divide & Rule" strategy. We will be stronger because of the failed attempts. Maybe me should even say "TQ"?

Finally, it's just a day more to go before the monthly allowance from our "Kay Pa" reaches us. Feathers are sprouting and pretty soon wings would have grown. Ha ha! And yup, it's true that "No petrol how to move..."

And with CNY this year coming on 14th Feb, pensioners would be getting their dues next month on Feb 5th! However, the following month is gonna be a long long month...of waiting...

Sincerely hope your week started well & would end just as well, too!

No comments: