Sunday, January 3, 2010

41 years on...

Sun 030110

Yup, it's been 41 years...plus a day, to be exact! And yup, me & my other half have been married for 41 years. No minor feat huh?

To be honest, I wouldn't say it has been a bed of roses throughout all those years. Do tell me whose marriage IS a bed of roses. That couple must either be robots or ppl with no feelings nor emotions whatsoever. Agreed?

What is most important is the understanding, the relationship & the bond that has been tested through time...again & again. And in spite of everything, the couple IS still a couple...still together!

And especially for these 2 ole inmates of Lot 10 now, there is nothing more important than to spend the years that we would be bestowed with, our bonus years, as happy & as peacefully as we possibly can.

Like my other half told me the other day ( and even before that... ) :

"We do not know when we came into this world and we would not know when we leave it..."
How true. Me am now her confirmed disciple. Many of her "teachings" have worked wonders in shaping my outlook of Life As Is. You should have come across a number of such quotes as you followed this Blog.

So how did we spend this 41st wedding anniversary? Simple. Yup, it fell on the same Saturday as our usual COD. And yup, what is most important is not where or what, but how we feel on such a day. No fancy dinners. No fancy restaurants. Just being together & spending time together. Happily together. True?

And we both felt so much closer & happier than in the past 22+ months. Yup, when the road ahead is clear to both, then the journey for both is much much more pleasant & enjoyable.

Thanks a meg from the bottom of my heart, my dearest B...mostly for sticking with this ole, kinda intolerable & sometimes frustratingly non-understandable man you call your partner! Sometimes I just could not help but wonder if any other girl would have stuck with me (like you have done) through all that we'd gone through together all these years. No simple easy task lo...

And yup, like one line I've often heard (a reference here : http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/405750.html )...
"What God has joined together, let no man put asunder!"
Finally, we sincerely & humbly thank God ever so much for His generosity & blessings...

No comments: