Thursday, December 24, 2009

Tremors in Lot 10...

Thu 241209

Yup, Earthquakes with tremors up to 6.1 on the Richter Scale occurred in the capital of West Sumatra yesterday. There were even aftershocks of 5.3 but luckily, there were no casualties.

However, a similar aftershock ripped through Lot 10 late yesterday evening. Coincidence? Nope. This was another one of those caused by an unresolved issue...namely that "S"!

You see, the "story" of that "S" was related to a niece whom we visited in hospital prior to her exploratory ops the next day ie today. And in the process, my other half totally forgot what had supposedly been agreed upon during the previous tremors that shook Lot 10 recently.

Before me forget, all the very best wishes for a safe ops & quick recovery to our niece, YL, for her exploratory ops today!! CU soon...

Yup, to elaborate, on 061109, my other half had put her mark down to acknowledge & certify in black & white (in a sealed envelope) that "There is nothing more to say to protect him (him = that "S")." Her very own words. To be exact...at 9.30pm. That statement was signed & sealed then.

That was a kinda short-lived statement then because she went against it the very next day, 071109, at 11am! That was also noted on the same piece of paper she signed.

However, me was relieved & happy that since that day, no further incidents happened. Thankful...even hopeful, too, that there would truly be closure over that "S's" issue and Life would take a turn for the better with happier times ahead for these 2 inmates of Lot 10.

Previously, there was never any record nor proof of any understanding reached / agreed upon. That time marked a great difference. My other half agreed to put her understanding in black & white on paper...signed! No more arguments over what she had said.

Sadfully though, that was not to be. While relating the events that led to the present situation & final closure of the issue recently, my other half once again came to the defence of that "S", thereby putting me once again in bad light...me the bad father, me the one who could not just close my eyes to all that had happened...that I was the one who stopped him from coming back to patch up....

How could I let that "S" come back? Now, would you stand by & allow such a guy to come back when all he had in him was anger, not a hint of remorse, and still continuing to exhibit the feeling that he had done no wrong at that time & that his father was the one who had started the issue? I still have printouts of all his smses to me then as proof. Pls go back to the past entries and then do pls let me know, ok?

For those not in the know, pls refer to past entries on this issue dating back from March 2008. Too much had happened & too long a time has passed since then to relate all over again here. My sincere apologies.

As is, it now appears the ghost of that "S" will continue to haunt inmates of Lot 10 as long as my other half still cannot bring herself to teach a son who had gone astray...a son who had disrespected his father and up to this day, who still does not feel any wrong-doing, sadness nor remorse! A guy who had only been able to reach where he is today because this father stood by him through thick & thin, picking him up each time he fell...supporting him financially, emotionally, & God knows how else.

I can never ever forget his very own words, uttered so painfully about his daily life then...."I am on my toes every second!". My other half & God can bear witness to that statement & his emotional state during those years of immense stress. We were there for him all that time...his pillars of strength & support, not forgetting also, our shoulders for him to cry on...

I believe that in Life, all relationships can only be fostered & enhanced if it is a 2-way affair. Agreed? If that "S" can live without acknowledging & respecting that I am his one & only father, the father who went against all odds to support & protect him till he could stand on his own 2 feet, then similarly, so can this father! I truly thank God for opening my eyes finally to what is really in the heart of this "S". Definitely not me.

A new year is coming. My wish for this new year, 2010, is for Peace & Happiness in Lot 10 and for its inmates. Especially for my other half to be able to walk hand-in-hand together, with me by her side, happily knowing what is most important now in our final years together...

As is, we have started on the road to you-know-where but we are beginning to be walking along the same road, not as a loving couple but as strangers. People used to say that children in a family would be a bond to bring the couple together but that "S" had done nothing since March 2008 except to put up a wall so high & thick between the very two persons who brought him into this world & gave him all the loving care & love to the best of their limited resources but all straight from their hearts!

Unfortunately, also like some people say, "Fame & Fortune" can also change a person. Some changed to be a better more humble & appreciative person, thankful & grateful for his blessings. However, there are also those who changed to be more proud & arrogant, exhibiting the "me am greater than thou" complex! This "S" belongs to the latter group. Sad but true.

To all whom we've related the story of that "S" to, there was nothing but shock all the way. Unbelievable, so they say. Believe it! I have learnt that nothing is impossible in this world. Both good & bad.

The worst part in all of this is that my other half is now torn between her love for her son and that for her husband of 40+ years. My heart's prayer is that she would see the light soon...our future happiness depends so heavily on her doing so...

The greatest problem now is her denial. Denial of what she herself had witnessed & experienced together with me throughout that the life of that "S". May God give her the strength & ability to see the truth through whatever is clouding her mind...and so bless these two ole folks in their final years together. Amen.

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!

No comments: