Thursday, December 17, 2009

TM fixed line in Lot 10 is DOWN!

Thu 171209

Yup, what luck! And yup, for something like this to happen in this last month of 2009!

Yes, the TM fixed line of Lot 10 went completely dead yesterday! However, it went unnoticed until late in the night...past midnight actually. Yup, our fixed line is rarely used for calls since both inmates have our individual mobile phones. The fixed line is mainly used for accessing the Internet. And the Internet access was there...working fine like nothing was wrong! In spite of the voice line being down...phones in the house were DEAD! No dialling tone.

A call was made to the TM (Telekom Malaysia) 100 line. Via my mobile phone. A fault report was lodged. I was told that the problem would be attended to the next day. I then slept...rather peacefully. Surprised? Ha ha!

Today 2 guys came in a van. Just after noon. They were wearing TM-coloured T-shirts with the words "TM Contractor" or something like that. Didn't pay much attention though. They had announced that they were from TM...

As expected, they checked the internal wiring & telephone socket...although me told them that it's nothing to do with the internals but more of an external problem.

Finally convinced that that was true, they requested for a ladder. If my eyes told me correctly, they did have a ladder on top of their van. Also confirmed by my other half. Anyway, our ladder was put at their disposal.

To cut a long story short, it was finally confirmed that the fault was a faulty connection at the TM junction box somewhere nearby. Our connection at the pole behind Lot 10 was cut & moved to a new connector...a new "pair" in their terminology.

Unfortunately though, it appeared that the connection at the exchange could not be done as the personnel there was having their lunch break! So Lot 10 was left, not only with a dead voice line but even without Internet access! Our line was totally cut off!! Thought repair personnel were supposed to repair & improve the faulty situation but alas, this was not so in this instant.

Anyway, I was given a mobile number to contact should the line be not activated after the lunch break. That sort of made me wonder...why should I need to contact anyone? Shouldn't these ppl ensure that the line was activated after the lunch break? Not for me to remind anyone?

Well, after our lunch...after 2:30pm...me found the line was still as DEAD as ever. So a call was made to the given mobile number. I was told to wait awhile..."Tunggu kejab" in Malay. And after about 10 mins, me got a call from TM ppl, not the guys who came. I was asked to confirm if the line is now working.

On thinking back, isn't that a joke? Kinda ridiculous even! Let's say...you called me on my phone...I answered you on that phone line and then you asked me if my phone was working then? Ha ha!

Not matter...most importantly, Lot 10 is now reachable via its fixed line once more! And Internet access is also back! Thank God for blessing this home & its inmates!

Me just putting in this entry to put on record this unfortunate incident and that now, all's well once more in Lot 10.

Have a good weekend, ok?

No comments: