Friday, December 11, 2009

A breath of fresh air...

Fri 111209

Yup, it's a new day...and yup, it's a new weekend (here in Kedah) and yup, too, it's a breath of fresh air in Lot 10!

A little update on my "Closure" entry for starters...something that came to my mind when I woke up this morning...

A close relative had commented recently that what had happened to me in & since March 2008 was only a small matter. According to her, there were parents who had to legally & publicly (in news media) dis-owned their sons for the problems which they had brought to the family esp to their parents! And yup, to the extent of putting their parents in harm's way!

My response? A response which I did not & could not make at the time out of respect for her as an elder... "What about those sons who had respected their parents, brought about a nice future for their aged parents, cared for them so well in their golden years and practically ensured their safety & well-being...physically, emotionally & financially untill they had to go?"

Yup, for all those sons who were bad, there were also those who were good & filial...those who had responded likewise, in good loving ways, to the love & care given to them by their loving parents. Don't you know so?

Anyway, there's now "Closure" and me am trying my very best to ensure that these 2 old inmates will live their final years together...lovingly... in peace & harmony. Till one of us has to leave the other behind...

Let's go to better happier events now. Ha ha! Yup, Life is about moving forward...moving on...

On 071209, me finally found a computer retail outlet that had the original Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit OS OEM software on DVD in a sealed pack for sale! Yup, I got it for RM408. I had been using the RC version since it was offered by Msoft...however that was the Ultimate version, which, of course, came with more features. An orig Win7 Ultimate version would cost lots more...no way me could afford to throw that kinda sum of money!
Pics, to share, of the Win7 OEM pack & a screen capture of the screen of my lappy to show the Sign-in screen.
The FOC Win7 Ultimate RC version would be disabled in stages from March 2010 though.

Well, it took me 2 full days to install the new OS into the original 320gig HDD which came with my laptop & also to install all my other software to make my lappy up & running smoothly once again...of course, with rest, meals & even sleep in-between...haha! And, it's fully activated now! YES! Me happy happy now...won't you be in my situation?

Best of all, Life in Lot 10 has been slowly but steadily returning to normal. We've been having our walk-walk sessions at the malls, coupled with meals out...doing what had made these 2 inmates happy all this while. CODs were back with Cine Nites. A good sign indeed.

Have a great weekend...

UPDATE @6:38pm :

Hi...it appears that Win 7 Home Premium OEM is available in Penang for only RM385 and the Ultimate for only RM720.

However, if I were to make a special trip to Penang just to get one, it would cost me lots more than the extra RM23 that me paid for my copy. Why? Simple. I would need abt RM30 for petrol & abt another RM30 for highway & bridge tolls...a total of abt RM60 more! That would be abt RM37 more than the extra RM23 me paid for my pack! Correct? Not inclusive of more if me need to take lunch or any form of nourishment! What abt the time I'd have to spend travelling all the way there?

Moreover, if any problems were to be encountered while using the provided disc to install due to problems in the disc, it would mean another trip to Penang!! Phew...

So, is it really cheaper in Penang? Yup, for ppl in Penang. Not for me!

No comments: