Friday, October 23, 2009

Today's happenings...

Fri 231009

Yup, another week is ending...another weekend will be starting tomorrow!

So what's new in the life of this sedentary ole man? Yup, you guessed it! Nothing much to be high nor excited about...

However, it was not a day of totally nothing though. Kinda eventful...to me...if I may say so.

For a start, it was time to replenish my "drugs" for the coming month. Yup, me am an "unofficial" drug addict for life! But nope, not of the illegal kind! And yup, it's all legal & necessary! Yup again...me needed to get my monthly supply of multivit and med for both my God-knows-from-when hypertension & presently mild diabetic condition. Those med are my life-support systems...keeping me still around in this world! To enjoy the "bonus" days that God has bequeathed me.

That done, both me & my other half went to "rob" our nearby Petronas. Resources were running low and it's gonna be almost another month before Kay Pa would be giving us our next pocket allowance. Yup, the next instalment will only be on 20th November. The previous was on 6th Oct. Long way to go, right?

Next, it was back to Lot 10 for a short break. Yup...too early for lunch!

Then it was time to be out again. This time it was to AS Mall. Yup, nothing new, right? Sorry...but where else can one go in A/S? Kinda limited for choices. True?

However, AS Mall was just opposite 1 of our fav food courts where Pan Mee is sold. We've tried a couple of times to take it before today, but there was no sign of the stall! One more try today...

But before that....

Yup, I needed to get spare bulbs for our "floodlights"...now 2 units in operation ie 1 unit operated by the autogate and the latest operated from our master bedroom. To my surprise, only 3 units were available @RM8 each. Since 1 unit had been torn open & thus no guarantee that the halogen lamp glass had not been touched by any inquisitive fingers. Hope you also know the don't of handling halogen lamps? That left me with the only 2 left that I could confidently & safely buy...
Another item me needed to enhance the use of the floodlight control in our room was a 3-gang socket set. There it is now...installed! Pls see pic on left. Just below our central window.
As for our Pan Mee, today was a different story! Yup, we finally got to enjoy our bowls of Pan Mee...with less mee but more "money" vege! Ha ha!

Since we parked our car in the basement FOC car park (out of the sun & in cool comfort, too), we went back into AS Mall. There we found a mattress promotion being held in the main lobby. And yup, we had been in the market for a replacement mattress or a set of new mattress c/w divan & headboard. A choice we would have to make. The latest offer of a branded new model was on exhibition. Enquiries were made. Encouraging answers. Let's wait & see if there will be a happy conclusion...hehe....

Back in Lot 10, with nothing better to do while my other half watched her "Love" serial, me tried to follow the Budget 2010 speech by our present PM. Nothing to shout about though. Sorry...nothing was for pensioners! Guess our last PM was still the best in terms of thoughts of the welfare of old ppl. Maybe when this present PM gets to be older? Ha ha!

Boring huh? Ok...ok...time to call it a day...and a week, too!

Have a great weekend!
UPDATE on 241009 @9:25am :
Mattress/Bedset purchase was abandoned. Reason? Simple. Promoter boss could not be trusted. BS both of us. Told us that she had available stock & would deliver on next day but on confirmation of purchase, we were told that we had to wait for her to order! Sorry...no biznes from muah...bye!

No comments: