Monday, October 5, 2009

That month of the year...

Mon Oct 5, 2009

Yup, it's that month of the year again...the month in which the one special day in my life falls on! And yup, that day is my birthday! Coming soon...

Sometimes I really wish that mine would fall on the 29th of February...cos then I wouldn't have to think about it for at least 3 years before it comes again...the peace & tranquility that I yearn for so much these days. No more wandering thoughts. No thoughts of what had been, was, is and would be. Life would certainly be nice for a change. Don't you think so? I guess not. Not when you are NOT me, right?

I know...I know...all babies cry at birth! Kinda like knowing they are coming out into a "cruel" world. A world full of suffering. You don't have to remind me. I know. But inside all of us, isn't there this wish for as much happiness in our lives as possible? Within our control? Don't you agree?

However, those wandering thoughts, of the unhappy kind, have been keeping me awake these past few days of this special month. Thoughts of how & what could happen to disturb the peace & tranquility that Lot 10 had meant to me all these years. Fortunately, I now have help...help that I never thought I would ever need. Help in the form of an effective drug. An anti-anxiety drug. And yup, it's the very same one that MJ took but not one that caused his death! Ha ha!

However, it didn't work so well the other day when thoughts went so "wild" & more so with some added unexpected triggering stress factors. Luckily it worked the 2nd time around & me slept like a baby that 2nd night. Thanks, Upjohn55 & APO 0.5!! I would have been a real "wreck" if not for these 2 "heaven-sent" tiny little pieces of wonder...

Frankly, I had pictured my retirement years as ones of happy & close family times together. However, fate dealt me a fatal blow & I now have a totally different path to take...one that I now choose to take so as to find peace & happiness now that past visions & hopes are no more. Even Lot 10 does not feel the same anymore. I'm finding my way throught this new maze in my life...slowly but surely. Wish me strength & luck as I travel on this new road towards the final days of my new life!

Anyway, it's not nice to dwell over such unhappy thoughts but to let them pass us by...for the sake of sanity. There's no understanding why. Moreover, we can't change history. Nor see what the future holds. But just plain see the days through. And move forward to the days ahead. Better days...hopefully happier, too.

And with such views that meet our eyes every morning, day & night, what else can be more beautiful than huge new yet "untouched" buildings! Yup, buildings of TB2 are nearing "vacant possession" stage, if me not wrong. A couple of pics to show views from the front of Lot 10 as of this morning...

Pic on top left shows what's right in front of the gate of Lot 10 while the other shows what's to the left ie further down the road...
Guess our new neighbours wouldn't be that far away from us since the road isn't gonna be widened by much as was previously expected... Agreed?

Well, one more nice view that we now get is that of our Taiping orchid plant. Sorry but I just can't remember it's name. It's now blooming like it's catching up on lost time!


Can you see the 2nd stalk of flowers coming out while the first is still in full bloom?

This orchid plant is certainly worth more than the RM15 we paid for it then!!

Like ppl keep telling us, life is what one makes of it. And it's true...in its own funny little ways.

If we push away all thoughts that make us UNhappy, we will feel happy. And each day of our life will be happy. It's up to US! We must do so before that light in us goes out & our life is no more. How? Simple. Just let those who wish us well & happiness in BUT let those who wish us bad & hurt OUT...

And really...at this point in our lives, nothing else matters...

Of course, to make life even better, there is that little item lovingly nicknamed as "Vitamin M"...hehe...now, where is our Kay Pa's promised early Deepavali packet? Hopefully tomorrow? That would certainly complete a truly happy life! That of a pensioner.

Have a good week, everyone! Be happy...

No comments: