Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Next Step...

Tues 140409

Yup, it's The Next Step...in the order of things, so to say...

And yup, the mystery in my earlier post will be a mystery no more! All will be revealed today. Right here. Right now.

And yup, too...what's the point of having a Wifi access point in Lot 10 OFH when it would be lying idle 99.9% of the time? Agreed? Yup...any investment must have its returns...and in this case, the features provided by the D-Link wireless router should be utilised to its fullest! Right?

And so it was...a regularly used wireless device to access the Net via the D-link wifi link should be available in Lot 10. And, of course, it should be used regularly, too.

Now you tell me...what such device would fit in & serve such a purpose? Yup, you got it! A notebook PC with wifi!!

Frankly, this item had been, was (but, as of now no more) one of the main wishes ( dreams probably...) that me had for my retirement. And thanks to my other half, she helped to make that one wish/dream a reality! Her unwaivering support towards making that dream come true was that strong to the very end!

At least my wish is fulfilled before me become incapable of using it in my later years...dunno when that day would come though. Like some ppl believe...a paper copy of an item, wished for but not received in one's lifetime, might have to be literally burnt for that person in his afterlife...

My take? Personally feel that if you can make someone's dream come true, pray do so while that person is still alive & can enjoy it...not wait till he's gone! Kinda too late then, isn't it? Burning a paper copy of it will be no assurance of his getting it nor enjoying it at all! Don't you believe so?

Thanks a meg, MDB!! Frankly how me feel can never ever be expressed in words...

So which notebook PC did I get? It was a pick between an Acer & a Compaq. Best within our affordable budget. An Intel Core 2 Duo processor-based notebook.

The final decision was made at the same computer fair in City Plaza...after comparing prices, specs & what have you. Yup, it's a Compaq!! The Compaq Presario CQ40-324TU. The presence of Altec Lansing speakers built-in kinda nudged me over to its side.

Nope, I won't go into the details & specs here coz they can easily be Googled for in the Net, right? Except that me upgraded its memory to 3 Gig.
Here's a pic of my new "baby" ( or what the Tan family used to call new "toilet"!) :



The other pic shows the "free" items that came with the purchase...
1. a screen protector film;
2. a keyboard protector membrane;
3. a notebook optical mouse;
4. a notebook cooler pad with 3 fans;
5. a headphone & microphone set.

And, of course, a notebook carrying nylon bag from HP... So what did fulfilling this dream cost? The Compaq lappy? RM2,299. The RAM upgrade of 2Gig = RM80. Worth it? You tell me...how much value can one put on realisation of one's dream? To me, no way it can be measured in $$...

And yesterday, me got FOC 10 pcs of DVD+R discs..on my 2nd visit...hehe...
So how do you think I've been passing my time these few days? Yup, you got it again!! Enjoying my new "baby", of course!

And yup, now me not "stuck" in my comp room just to access the Net but can be anywhere in Lot 10...or maybe outside, too? Or maybe even in the toilet...as me had heard some ppl used to say...haha!

Until the next entry, here's wishing that your dreams will come true...as mine just did...

ps. And yup, this post was prepared & submitted using my new "baby"...in our lounge area downstairs...something previously impossible...haha!

No comments: