Sunday, March 15, 2009

Supporting Nature...& Life...

Sun 150309

Yup, it was abt a week or more ago that me noticed a bird frequenting one of the bamboo plants in our porch. However, that was dismissed as nothing unusual coz Lot 10 is often & regularly visited by friends of the feathery kind...

Well, me had a peep the other day ( just can't remember when tho...), and walla! Guess what me saw...a completed bird's nest well & propertly constructed deep within the leaves & branches of the bamboo plant!Pics above show the nest (a) partially hidden by the leaves of the bamboo plant and (b) a close-up shot of the nest! At that time me didn't think of snapping any pics of the eggs inside to post here.. *sorry*

And, as the days passed, me could see the visits by one particular bird increasing in frequency! So today me decided to have a closer look. Wow! On parting the leaves slightly apart, me caught a glimpse of a brownish little head with a beak poking out from within the nest! Yup, it was a baby bird! Probably thought it was the mummy bringing home food...

Appeared like there were two of the little ones...one more active than the other! This time me took pics...hehe...enjoy looking at the little ones lo...

No worries...me support such beautiful creatures of nature. So, it is without doubt that these beautiful baby birds will continue to develop till they are able to fly away...

On the hi-tech side...although kinda delayed...it was discovered (kinda by accident) 2 days ago (on 130309) that our housing area has now 3G coverage by the telco, Maxis! It's more than a year since 3G was introduced to Alor Star! But like the saying goes...better late than never, right? Frankly, I've been using a 3G hp all this while without 3G services...

So me thought that this was as good a time as any to take advantage of an offer for Astro Mobile TV services. A basic pack of 3 Astro channels for RM9.90/mth.

Subscribing was no prob. The issue that was so apparent was that out of the 3 channels, me could only access ONE channel!! After trying numerous times, it was confirmed so. A call was made to Custcare of Maxis Hotlink. I was then sent new configuration setup for 3G cos it was assumed that that was the most likely cause. However, it wasn't. A second call to Custcare. I was told that it's probably a technical hitch by the service provider, namely Astro. So a report would be lodged and hopefully, the relevant ppl would contact me in a few days time...

The wait begins...however, me not very hopeful of any concrete improvements. Appears not many responses nor subscribers to this mobile TV service...

Finally, Saturday 140309 was a good day. A good COD passed. Cine Nite culminated with the movie "Madagascar 2". Good, light entertainment. Somehow felt the first movie was better tho. What do you think?

Well, another week is gonna be over soon. 5 more days before $$ from our "Kay Pa" comes along. So until then, this ole bird's wings are kinda clipped!

Have a great new week ahead...Be safe always!

No comments: