Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Lelong...Lelong...Lelong...

Just to share...
Here are a couple of developments related to my recent forays into our local auction or "Lelong" site...

For one, I've been attracted to a Physics-related item. Intriguing. Attractive. But so far expensive!
Then this item cropped up in our local "lelong" site. A Plasma Light Lightning Ball Desk Lamp...and going for a total of only RM26! I was bidder #6. Compared to prices at novelty stores, this was a bargain...IMHO, of course!
I bidded for it and got it. And it came today. Here it is...in still pic mode and below it, in LIVE Action video...turn on yr audio & hear the accompanying tune... :


In the video...Notice the different sticker on the front face of its base? Yes...the head of Elmo...haha!
Something unique, isn't it? Esp for muah...being a former Science teacher, etc., etc....

Item was advertised as being "Sound Activated" but somehow it doesn't appear to be so. One can select to have a tune playing repeatedly but that's abt it. It can't be switched on by any sound nor its intensity be varied according to sounds around it. Maybe.....

Remember my getting a ladies "Rolex" watch for my other half's Bday? Yes? Ok...she has since suggested that I get one to match hers and be a pair again...hehe...

So, yesterday, we searched for the previous supplier and guess what? The same "Rolex" design but one for Gents was available. And it's on its way now...soon we'll have a "His" & "Hers" to sport around each time we go out! Back to the ole courting days...ha ha! Nice to be feeling "young" again, huh?

Update : Just got confirmation my "Rolex" has been sent. Hooray! Will be out sporting it with my other half wearing hers,too... tomorrow...hehe...

Another item that I found to be of benefit is a new drain trap system for sinks. This one uses a flexible bellows-type pipe. Eliminates a no. of potential water leak points and provides easy maintenance. The package that came is with these contents :Sorry but it'll be a while b4 I can actually set up the system. Plan to replace our present pvc straight piping system for our bathroom sink. I need to get a few connecting pvc pcs b4 I can do so. Will post pics when done.

One other item where purchase is confirmed is software related. Supposedly a Satellite to PC capability...claimed to be Free 3000+ Channels Satellite TV Astro Like Channels. Only RM10. Unbelievable? Me, too! But, for Rm10, me willing to take a gamble. Not much to lose. Only RM10, right?

I've been previously introduced to an online streaming site for mainly movies but they were mostly cine version copies. Viewed online in streaming mode. I watched Bourne Ultimatum then. Not bad really. But the streaming program is in Mandarin. A deficiency in me. Also one can't view satellite channels like ESPN, Disney Channels, HBO, etc.

This new one claims to provide that capability. Now all I have to do is wait for the software to be emailed to me and try it out. Will keep you guys informed, ok?

Update : Have just been informed that the s/ware would be sent to me very very soon...hehe...will write abt it in my next entry, ok?

So do pls be patient, ok? DIY for drain trap soon. Bye 4now.

No comments: