Saturday, September 29, 2007

Another weekend...

It's Saturday today. 29th Sept. Another weekend is here!

And it's another Formula 1 GP weekend for me. Me used to enjoy watching each & every race since subscribing to our Astro satellite TV service. However, that Fun & Enjoyment was taken away when Astro kept on increasing its fees. The final straw was when the latest increase was worse for Sports fans. It was just not worth paying that much extra anymore just to follow the F1 races!! I just gave up...

Then my luck changed! As mentioned in an earlier entry. TVU Networks' TVU Player came into my life. Provided just that... a means to watch my fav motor racing event...LIVE! Moreover, it's FREE! Cos I already have a broadband connection. Now, isn't that just wonderful?

The Race this time around is in Japan. At the new Fuji Speedway. Qualifying was just over a short while ago. I watched it Live in the Wheels telecast via TVU Player's streaming. Results have also been posted in My Kopitiam forum at http://mykpt.net . Join us there if friendship is what you need...

Another event worth noting altho not much publicised in the media is how our former Prime Minister, Dr Mahathir, is faring after his recent 2nd heart bypass surgery. Surgery was successful but another surgery had to be carried out cos of infection. Now he has to go thru the Ops recovery process all over again. Day 6 now? Dr M has taken Malaysia to heights of progress & achievements never b4 envisaged possible! A great leader. A rare breed. Sincerely hopes he recovers well & soon...I'm sure all peace-loving Malaysians are, too.

However, in Myanmar, situation is not too good. Soldiers are using live ammo at protestors. 9 ppl officially reported killed. But, it is believed, the no. is much higher than that! As always. Tyranny & Dictatorship are out-of-date in this era. Ppl in authority...in power...tend to forget that ppl in captivity will always break free! Only waiting for the right time.

Today's been a rainy...but cool day. Tonight is Cine Nite. At Lot 10. Movie probably would be The Transformers. Finally got a good & supposedly Clear DVD. Dinner would be out. Probably enhanced by my fav sate dish...hehe...

And tomorrow is Race Day. In Japan. Yup, the F1GP @ Fuji Speedway. As a spectator, I am looking forward to an exciting race...you know what I mean, right?

CU there then...bye!

No comments: