Friday, August 31, 2007

Msia is 50 yrs old and....

Hi again...
And yup, Msia is 50 years old today. Aug 31st 2007.

And yup, I was already around when that BIG day took place on 31 Aug 1957...I was just a young boy then...hehe...
When events like this occur, it does make one feel older than one actually is. And looking back thru those years, one feels a sense of achievement & pride to have gone thru all that and be still around to enjoy today!! Cos everyday now is truly a bonus...

And how am I going to spend this Merdeka Day? Quietly. At home. A relaxing stress-free day. In peace & tranquility. Ha ha!

Btw me got a little bonus just a few days ago. With a "little" help from my other half. Monetarily & morally. He he...
You see, I was on my 2nd Canon Pixma iP1700 printer ever since it became cheaper to buy a new printer rather than to buy replacement ink cartridges! The main problem was the moment one colour of the 3in1 colour cartridge is used up, that cartridge is DEAD!

Refilling with 3rd party inks was a neverending problem. Overfill by a bit and the whole colour cartridge is condemned! Bad. Not forgetting expensive, too! @RM79 min a pc.

Having had quite a nice experience with my Canon S400SP for a no. of years (until it KOed on me!)...that printer had individual ink tanks..., I decided to get a similar model to ease my problem.
So I went searching. Browsed the Net. Canon sites. Review sites. Even consulted a fmly member. With budget limitations, only one Canon model fits the need. The Canon Pixma iP3300!

Here it is now...sitting so beautifully & imposing on my computer table shelf :
Got it for RM248. Replacement ink tanks for each colour is affordable at RM43/44. Blk is RM50. With much more ink than those of the iP1700. The main difference tho is it uses a fixed printhead. Not renewable at each cartridge change. Unlike the iP1700 where one gets a new printhead with each replacement.

Now, that would be a great test on Canon's reliability, wouldn't it?

The problem now is that I now have TWO iP1700 printers which are going to collect dust...no one wants a printer where the ink cartridges cost more than the printer itself!! Sad but appears to be the norm.

If you think abt it, the iP3300 works out similarly, too. However, the advantage is I'm paying less for more ink & I don't need to fork out so much each time a colour ink runs out...

A memorable event has just passed...on 270807. My dearest B's Bday. And TQ for all the years you've tolerated this eccentric old man...

Presenting our Bday girl cutting her Bday cake, lovingly supplied by our DEL..a little earlier. On 180807. : To add to the 2 bracelets me already got for her (which she got to know in advance, unfortunately...chk out my 190807 entry.), I was lucky enough to surprise her with this...Yup, a "Rolex" Oyster Perpetual DateJust chronometer! A "Rolex" watch la! Can I really afford one? Have a closer look, my friend...hehe...

And...to make the event merrier, our little KL was here to keep her granny busy but warm & happy. A big happy smile for granny...from KL :One really can't ask for more on such occasions. And at this point in time. The presence of ppl who care abt you, love you, find the time & make the effort to share some happy moments together. I believe in "Happiness shared is happiness multiplied..."

And...times passed would never be re-captured ever again...an opportunity missed is an opportunity lost...

It's a pity & saddening to note that when we are young, we don't think abt how it would be when we grow old. A common response by the young is "I will not be like that when I'm old... ". So, do plse...plse do NOT ever grow old...cos you will be in exactly the same position as your parents...and their parents before them...and their parents before them. The future is in your hands to mould...

Let's get out of all that gloom and have another little peep into the recent past...on 160807, a Nokia N1110i was added to my hp collection...hehe...to overcome the regular swapping of SIM cards. Above pic shows the N1110i in its protective crystal casing. Cost me only RM135. New & original. But was well worth it! Small ,feature-rich tho but simple to use & comes bundled with a very long-lasting battery. The crystal housing was added later...RM5. Wanted to put on a protective screen film (RM8) but was advised to just add the crystal case. Cheaper. Protects & improves its appearance, too!

Not a bad month. Really. Bye!

No comments: