Sunday, July 29, 2007

A new winning bid...

A weekend that started out not so good is ending well & fine. Do read on.

Me here to relate one of my recent "voyages" into the virtual world of "Lelong"...in simple English, the virtual Auction World in the Net!

I've been wanting to get a pair of binoculars...functioning & not a toy but reasonably small & portable. I've bought those "plasticky" ones for kids. Even supposedly good ones eg from Tesco. Ok. Can see... but not for serious uses. I had the opera type in my younger days.

Now, spotting one model on auction was a temptation indeed. Well, to cut a long night short, me won the bid but at a much higher price than hoped for. However from my search in Google, it was still a bargain. A FRP (Folding Roof Prism) bino. Good specs, too. A Tasco Essentials series bino.

Here's a pic of it on arrival, c/w carrying case & strap (not clearly seen):

Well, what do you think?

And why did I say the weekend "...started out not so good..."? Well, for 1 thing I had a great disappointment when the bino didn't arrive as scheduled. Being sent via a courier service, it should have been a "next day delivery". But somehow it wasn't.

The good part is...it arrived 1 day earlier than the delayed period as informed by the courier service staff! Yup. That particular staff is either that "green" in her job or really know "NUTs"!

Back to the bino itself...

On testing, it's so much better than all those "kiddy" stuff I had bought before. With fully-coated 30mm objective lenses, adjustable right eyepiece and a great 12X magnification, it even has a rubber-armoured housing. All that for only RM32 incl delivery & handling charges! Googling for it revealed the same item going for USD16.99 or a lower S$23.00.

So far so good...in quick tests. Will be trying it out in different situations in good time. Wish me luck!

Btw Cinema Night this weekend was great! Watched Die Hard 4. Yup. Same ole Bruce Willis. But in lots of action from start to end. Not a dull moment. Watch it!

Finally did a little shopping for some needed items. My regular vits. Eyecare solution. And a few others. Got them all at special offer prices at Guardian.

Tonight? Maybe another movie...hehe...Enjoy yr Sunday night, ok?

No comments: