Monday, July 7, 2008

Quiet...And peaceful...

Mon 7th July 2008

Quite & Peaceful. Yup, that's what the weekend was. Nice. Don't think this ole heart can be "stimulated" that so often...haha!

A little recap. On Thurs last, me browsed pages in our local auction site. It's been a long time since my last foraging there. And a closing item caught my eye! Yup, a seemingly cute little unisex "Omega" watch!

With just a few mins before auction of the item closed, me bidded. As always a max had been set by the seller. At RM16, me passed that max and the auction closed with me the winner!! The watch was mine...total cost of RM28 incl delivery charges. Fair enough, considering it's a simple "cosmetic" watch...what one could get in those booths at malls...however with a BIG name...Omega!

Have a look...cheap & nice, isn't it?



It's a battery-operated quartz watch. An addition to my other half's collection of such watches.

The weekend also brought along a disappointment. Me was looking forward...again...to watch the F1 GP race @ Silverstone, England. Didn't get to see the Friday 2nd practice although it was slotted in the schedule of Wheels on TVU player...saw msgs of other viewers complaining of the change of schedule! The worst part was that there was NO streaming at all of the Race itself!
The official F1 website states the race was to be on from 20:00 Msian time but Star Sports streaming on TVU's schedule was fr 01:00am!! That late hour is NOT for me...sleep is more important at my age. So, it was another missed F1 GP!

Finally, as being urged by our Govt, me had to be frugal and to be so, me had to change my lifestyle. And recent events bear testimony to the success of the application of a "Need & Want" philosophy! Whenever we feel the urge to spend, a consideration of whether the purchase is a Need or a Want really helps make a rational & beneficial decision. Well, for a more financially stable future, that's the "sacrifice" to be made...

Yup, me made the ultimate sacrifice last weekend! One of my "dreams"...a dream, a wish to have been fulfilled when me retired but, as yet, unfulfilled. Tossed it around zillions of times but finally it culminated in the "Need & Want" thing...being the more down-to-earth guy which I've recently become, the Need won!! No more "dreams"...that particular "dream" cost me a no. of insomnic nights, besides the daytime migraine!!

Furthermore, we also need to take better control of our credit card expenses. Banks are enforcing new rules & regulations. Too long a topic to go into detail here but in short, it means that if one does not settle in full one's bill for the month, one would lost certain special privileges, eg the 20-day interest-free period for payment, besides paying MORE in interest accrued from the date of transaction. So although my petrol tank was almost empty, I didn't have it filled because it would mean using my credit card and over max-ing my bill! As a result, my ole junk had to be grounded for the weekend! Sorry...No more that joy of "signing my life away" thing...sad but true!

Yup, take care of the present & the future would take care of itself! However, pls do NOT misunderstand that. That does not mean spend now and the future would be ok! It simply means :

Save now & the future would be safe!

Sincerely hope all of you are managing yr "purse strings" well. We are all in for hard times ahead...so it seems...

So, like the Scout's motto : Be Prepared!!

No comments: