Tuesday, July 22, 2008

All the hassle...

Tues 22nd July 2008

Yippee! My Streamyx is now running as usual...as you should know from my earlier entry, Streamyx was down for a few days in many areas in A/Star...supposedly due to what the cust care ppl call "Outage", whatever that may be...haha!

And, since one cust care guy told me that I could apply for a rebate for the deprivation of service, I thought I might as well do so...since the privilege is there and is mine!

So, yesterday @just before 6pm I called 100...the TM (Telekom Malaysia) multifunctional access number. After some identification & explanation, the cust care personnel confirmed that I was eligible for a rebate and then told me that he had to check with the Billing Dept on the procedure to follow to submit an application for a rebate of fees.

I was then put on hold & subsequently passed onto another guy from the Billing Dept. I had to repeat to clarify the aim of my call to him. After listening to me, he then told me that as my official fault report was still active, he had to close it. After my agreement, he then told me he had to check with the Technical Dept. I was put on hold again! I was then passed over to the guy in the Technical Dept and yup, you got it! I had to repeat my story & call intentions one more time!! This guy then put me on hold again because he had to check certain data/info abt my problem...

Finally after certain data was checked, the Tech Dept guy then told me that he would submit my case for a rebate in due course. Phew...that was extremely excruciating & demanded great tolerance and patience!! Thank God it ended well...my patience finally paid off! Time was already abt 6.40pm.

About 3/4 of an hour just to request for my legally due & entitled rebate due to failure on the part of TM/Streamyx to provide the broadband service that I had subscribed to. If TM is a responsible ISP with integrity and well-managed, any such deprivation of service & entitlement for rebates should have been done automatically in due process w/o all the hassles that a subscriber/customer has to undergo as I had to.

What do you think?

Luckily calls to the 100 multifunction number of TM is FREE (I had to confirm that with the cust care ppl a few times!) or else I would have a whopping large bill for my call...much much more than my entitled rebate!! No wonder one hardly hears of anyone doing so in spite of so many of TM/Streamyx's disruption of services. I can now certainly understand why.

Well, that's my grouse for the day. Actually for the day before. Haha!

Not matter though. Am certainly looking forward to a better day today.

No comments: