Tuesday, June 24, 2008

An "UNofficial" Father's Day...

Tues 24th June 2008

Yup, as previously mentioned, my daughter decided to make up for her miscalculated miss of the "official" Father's Day which fell on the previous Sun 15th June. That she did on last Sun 22nd June. And as she now works on every Saturday, she & fmly only arrived in the late afternoon on Sat 21st June. Anyway, like me told her before, any day a father's child thinks of his/her father IS Father's day!

Well, as me always believed, it's the atmosphere & feelings generated that makes any day a good day! Not forgetting, too, the Lot 10 philosophy of "Come Happy... ". So the best part of the weekend was the happy time we could spend together. Dinner was at our fav Timuran coffee shop with its tasty "Sar Hor Fun". And time literally flew, being further enriched by our loving, playful & fantastically energetic grandaughter, KL!

Here is a video of KL doing what she enjoys most...that me recorded on Sat 21st June using my ever-reliable N73...

Enjoy the vid...KL on a ride at the new Tesco Mergong in A/Star.

As in our lives, nothing is really perfect. And that evening the inevitable happened. You see, I had previously chipped off a small part of a large filling in my right upper molar tooth. I'd just ignored it cos the rest of that tooth appeared none the worst then. But during dinner at Timuran, a bigger chunk came off & I could feel a big hole in that tooth!! Phew!

Well, luckily for me, the Dental Clinic that I've been frequenting lately, was open the next day...a Sunday. And luckily, too, me went early enough to be the 1st patient of that day! And less than an hour later...under the capable hands of Dr K, me had a completely new reinforced filling, making that tooth "as good as new"!! But me was RM85 poorer...hehe...(in the end me only a lil bit poorer cos of my understanding daughter's contribution...being a Father's Day event.)

And as all things, even good happy ones, must come to an end, it was soon time to say goodbye to KL & fmly...

Sunday 22nd June was F1 GP race day. However, my luck ran out...again. The Wheels Channel supposedly was to screen the event from 8pm Msian time. However, there was a program change & the event was missing from its schedule. With only 1 other choice open, me tried streaming of Star Sports Channel. The quality was horrible! So, rather than strain my eyes and esp after no excitement whatsoever after a few laps, me decided to skip the event this time around! No Oomph la...poor video & no kicks!

On the political front, the long & eagerly awaited "vote of no confidence" upon our PM as proposed by Sapp, presumably to have been tabled in parliament, kinda didn't materialise on Monday 23rd June, as expected by most. Maybe it would happen when least expected? As always, only time will tell. Moreover, Msian politics = Msian politics...all me can say...sorry.

Due to the sp Father's Day weekend, the usual Chef's Off Day on Saturday was pushed to Monday 23rd June. Lunch was at my other half's fav Hokkien Mee place. Dinner, however, was kinda different this time around. Rather than go to our usual haunts, we decided to give a new residential seafood place @Taman Purnama, a try. Crab porridge & Beehoon soup with white pomfret were ordered. Both dishes turned out tasty & enjoyable. Prices were reasonable considering they were seafood dishes.

On the home front, the morning of Tues 24th June started with a power failure @abt 6:40am. Couldn't help feeling maybe it was a power rationing attempt since electrical tariffs are slotted for increase wef July 1st. Ever since the huge fuel price hike early this month, every other consumer item has been following suit...

By the way, power was restored only @around 9:20am. Almost 3 hours w/o power! Phew! Maybe a blessing in disguise, too? A reduced electricity bill for this month? Ha ha! We'll see...Bye!

No comments: