Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A New Day...a new entry...

Good morning! The day has just begun for me. Abt to have late breakfast. Nowadays I am getting the feeling that I've read abt from time to time, namely that feeling of being grateful & happy to be alive!!

Life is short...shorter than we may think or feel. Every day that we are blessed with is indeed a BONUS!

And to me, a happy moment is when I get to hear abt how my youngest grandaughter is doing...esp when I can see a pic of her when she is not here.

But first...A step back into the recent past.

Father's Day 2007. Actually 1 day earlier. 16 June. Little KL, my grandaughter, and her fmly came to celebrate that event here with her ole grandaddy. Me took a few short vids of her...walking! First time me saw her walking on her own steam, right b4 my very eyes!

See for yourself!



And this is the latest pic that I received just this morning via MSN from my daughter :
( Pic is a bit blurry cos taken with a low-res HP cam. Apologies. )

This is 17-month old KL...caught in one of her cute poses. Yesterday. What could be going thru her mind at this young & tender age? Your guess is as good as anyone's...haha!

Another issue affecting my present life is the advent of development. As has been happening in the past few months, lorryloads of earth have been brought in for a landfill right in front of my house. A new "Taman" in the making...supposedly of double-storey bungalows and semi-D's. In such situations, dirt & dust is everywhere.

The bad part of development :
View from our roof terrace. All greenery gone! Only mounds of earth! In time another area filled with concrete jungle! And the clear open view would be gone. A view...on a clear day...which includes Gunung Jerai...the highest mountain in Kedah.

The temporary good aspect of this development :
A very recent lucky snapshot me took of a rare sight! Actually almost a FULL rainbow. 180 deg...a semi-circle. View would not have been so if not for the clearing of trees in area for development!

One last incident before I close this entry. We had a long, long power failure in our area! From abt 10am to almost 5pm. Almost 7 hrs. No joke. BAD.
When I called up 15454, I was told it was a transformer failure at the Sub-station & they were replacing it.

So, as you can see, this is actually a very long, long entry...started creating b4 10am and could only complete it now...after 5pm! Phew...

Well, at least life is back to normal and I can finish my Blog entry. That's great, isn't it?
Have a great evening...

No comments: