Wednesday, October 20, 2010

When I was 56...

Wed 201010

Yup, when I was 56 only for yesterday...

And yup, it was yours truly's special day in the year! And yup, I turned 56 or was it the other way around? Frankly, if only it was the reverse...haha!

The day was just great!

However, so as not to bore you with all my probably so-called "exaggerations", here's a brief summary of that nice day...

1. On waking up, me found a nice angpow on my work table! From my other half! With great, sincere & loving wishes written all over it. A truly fat angpow. Tks a meg, MDB!!

2. A special trip to mark the day. "Pak Tor-ing" at SP. Toured Giant...had favourite Roasted Duck rice with Fried Kangkong with sambal prawan...then toured Tesco, SP.

3. Had a surprise call from our fmly doc...a new loaf of my fav "Stupid Bread"!! Reached A/S in time to collect it lo...Tks a meg, Doc!!

4. Went shopping...my other half had so happily & graciously consented to getting muah an item to add to our Master Bedroom...as a special Bday present! A huge one...fulfilling my latest "dream" to bring our common interest up2date...to an even higher level, namely a new LED TV! Not the usual run-of-the-mill LCD, ok?

Yup, we finally decided on a Samsung UA32C4000 unit. It was a close fight between it & a Philips 32PFL5605S/98. Specs wise, there was a huge difference.. eg the greatest diff was that the Philips was a Full HD set whereas the Samsung was only an HD Ready set (Resolution wise)! Price wise it was even RM50 cheaper for the Philips although it was a better specs model!

Decision was only made after about 2 hours examining both models & viewing changes in views at different settings...using Astro B'yond channels as the source of HD signals. Ultimately the Samsung won!!

Reasons why we chose the Samsung? It's ultra slim & modern design with its very friendly UI including its many other useable features which the Philips did not have. Besides those, we had a very satisfying & great year with our now "old" Samsung 22" LCD TV. And many many more plus points...

Well, here it is now sitting so cosily where our former Samsung 22" LCD TV was...

Nice? Yup, and big enough for our Master Bedroom, too! Really nice in real life!

Muah finally got every setting needed fully set up & going by 1:30am!! Phew! My Bday was a really long day...a day that me just refused to let it pass!

No way, right? Yup, it has passed...

Well, what can I say? A day that me will remember for years to come!

Happy Happy Bday to me!!

ps. And what would be my wish for my next Bday? ATM it would be a Full HD LED TV for our lounge area...hehe...wish me luck!!

No comments: