Thursday, September 10, 2009

My First Encounter with "fresh" scallops...

Thu 100909

Yup, had my very first encounter with "fresh" scallops today! Previously I had taken special samples of good quality scallops in soup during CNY @ our fav niece's place. However, I then had no idea what it really was...yea, the dumbo that I was! Probably still am...haha!

Anyway, I eventually found out that it was a kind of shellfish. Now that made me wonder...could a shellfish have that kind of cylindrical body of springy (QQ) flesh? Do you know...?

Today me saw with me very own eyes that scallops were what they were...do see for yourselves in the pics me snapped with me same ole trusty N73 hp cam...Yup, now you also know...if you didn't earlier...

The first pic shows an opened up shellfish & a separate outer shell to show the true colour of its cover shell. The 2nd pic is a close-up of the white fleshy cylindrical QQ part which we eat...after cooking, of course...haha!

Well, like has been often repeated...we live we learn! And me learnt what a real scallop looks like in today's real life lesson!

And yup too...today my ole junk kinda got a "cooler" face. Its recently replaced front windscreen was improved by the addition of a heat-reducing tint film. Cost? There were 3 different grades of tint, namely RM150, RM250 & RM400. On valuable advice, I chose the RM150 which included cost & labour charges. It seems that unless I chose the RM400 one, the RM250 tint film would not produce noticeable reduction of heat. Finally, our generous Mr T, the shopowner/technician, who did the tinting, threw in a free upper darker strip of tint film! Thanks, Mr T!!

A short recap here...

Our recent trip to Taiping to visit KL & family was good...fun-filled esp when spending time with KL! And, of course, as tiring as ever, too! Ha ha! New pics of KL have been added for your viewing pleasure...

This month appears to be a month of trips! Yup, me going on a trip to Penang tomorrow. Next weekend, it'll be to BM. And the next next weekend, we'll be making our 2nd trip to Taiping...

Phew! Sincerely hope this ole man & his ole junk can take all the "hammerings" of such hectic journeys & be back in good ole Lot 10 in still reasonably good form! Ha ha again!

No comments: