Monday, September 14, 2009

For better or for worse...

Mon 140909

For Better or for Worse...yup, that's the conclusion me had to make these last few days. Nope, not the one related to the "I do..." ceremony!

For one, ever since I found the medication that could help me sleep so much better, I'm more calm, more relaxed and more able to face a new future ahead with my other half! And yup, thanks to our family doc who intro me to that med...

The "life-saver"? Xanax. Yup, the very same one that the renowned MJ was taking. Thankfully, too, it's not the one that took his life!

However, there appears to be different but similar products of the active ingredient, namely Alprazolam. I was prescribed one which had Upjohn 55 embossed. But recently, I discovered that many others in my predicament had been taking a similar but probably, generic version...APO 0.5. Basically they all contain Alprazolam 0.5mg...an anti-anxiety drug.

And guess what? Me am fortunate enough to be able to get hold of a "reasonable" supply of the tabs...20 tabs, to be exact! A great boost to my confidence in facing the months ahead... considering the fact that me needed only 4 tabs a mth, at the most! You see, my doc would not give me more than just 3 tabs per mth...I had to truly ration my intake la...stressful, isn't it? And that med is supposedly to reduce such a condition?

And yup, I know...I know... But MJ was taking 20 tabs A DAY! So what's my 1 tab per week? It is truly comparatively INsignificant. Agreed?
Now it's no worries for at least 5 mths! A great feeling. Ha ha!

The 2nd issue is related to my ole junk. For the past months, my trusty ole junk had been giving me the vibes off & on whenever we travel at only around 40+kph. I had earlier had both the front wheels re-balanced because I'd noticed some "missing" balance weights on 1 wheel.

When the vibes persisted, it was diagnosed as worn drive shafts. Both were subsequently changed. The vibrations resurfaced and less than 6 mths later, it was diagnosed that there was more significant wear on the right drive shaft. It appeared that the replacement China-made products were unable to take the stress of an auto-gearbox. That bad? A new German-Taiwan product was found to replace the more worn right shaft. However, the vibes, which appeared diminished at the beginning, came back! Me raised the front of the car and checked the free play of both drive shafts. They appeared equal.

So, this morning me took my ole junk to have both its front wheels re-balanced. Actually one mechanic did hint on this possibility...saying vibes at that low speed were usually due to wheel imbalance. When me told him that the wheels were then just re-balanced, he replied that probably the balancing was not done well enough.

Well, that's done now. Cost? A measly RM8...compared to the hundreds me had paid for the drive shafts! The next few days would confirm if this remedy was the right cure...wish me luck!

A trip to BM is "scheduled" for this coming weekend. To get med brought back from down under for my other half. And, it's also an opportunity to visit my other half's bro & family. 3rd trip for this month. Then 1 more to go...

And finally, a new pic of KL taken recently, has been received (via mms) from KL's mom. And it's already posted in KL in 2009 slideshow. KL does look different in what her mom called her "silly" hat...phew! Check it out, ok? See the diff?

Have a good week, ok? Btw, Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri to all our Muslim friends!

No comments: