Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Platinum Me...

Thu 090709

Hi...

As we all know ( and most, if not all of us) have come to accept, our world today is truly a materialistic world. Like it or not. That, of course, may also just be a matter of opinion. I agree.

However, whether we like it or not... whether we need it or not, etc, etc, there is no escaping the fact that if one does have good credit standing/credibility, one's confidence in the everyday going-on's invariably increases in proportion, too. Agreed?

Well, another surprise came my way a couple of days ago. While popping in online to see what was the outstanding balance for my current banking monthly bill, I could not help exclaiming out loudly when I saw 2 new entries in the list of credit cards to my name! And they were both Platinum Cards!! Phew!
(Note : For those not in the know, credit cards come in various grades, the lowest being the Classic...followed by the Gold and, at the very top, the Platinum!!)

On further checking, I also found out that my combined credit limit had been increased by quite a few K...in RM, of course! The increase was in tandem with the upgrade as well as to portray the higher value of the Platinum pieces!

After a hurried call to the CC centre of the bank, I was enlightened by the fact that those 2 Platinum cards were the result of an upgrading exercise of my present credit card status! And only for selected clients, too. Now isn't that amazing? Me? Yup, lil ole me now has 2 Platinum cards to my name now. And yup, lil ole me now belongs to the so-called "elite" Platinum Club...a truly nice & warm feeling when one is recognised, respected, appreciated & of course, when one is rewarded accordingly.

I was also told that I would be getting an official letter to that effect soon...

And yesterday, our local Poslaju guy came with a special delivery. Unfortunately, we were both out and as the postman would not return to the GPO till late in the evening, we could only go to collect the item this morning... after a late breakfast.

And true enough, 2 new & shiny Platinum CCs were enclosed! And best of all in the enclosed congratulatory letter was this one phrase, telling me to ..." enjoy complimentary annual fees for 3 years...". Those few words were the best in the whole letter...

And, if me not that poor in English, that practically means NO annual fees for the next 3 years should I activate and use those Platinum cards. Am I correct?
(NB. Me'd better keep that letter as proof of that...don't you think so?)

Sincerely & truly hope I really am correct...or else me am gonna be in for a huge hole in my pocket in 1 year's time...that would be a tragedy! Yup, a Platinum CC would normally come with a hefty RM550 annual fee per card!!

A special feature, that came with 1 of those cards ie the Visa Platinum, is that it enables the electronic " Visa Wave" payment at participating outlets ie one only needs to "wave" the card in front of an electronic sensor unit at the counter to make payment. That's cool, isn't it? Can't help wondering though...how many merchants around would have such "wave" sensors installed? Just don't remember seeing one in A/S or maybe I missed it? Have you seen any?

As is, I've only activated & started to use the Visa version. Yup, whilst filling up my ole junk at a nearby petrol service station. Ha ha! And yup, a small step...but still a giant leap for yours truly here...along this new Platinum road...hehe...join me? Soon...ok?

No comments: