Friday, February 27, 2009

New for "shattered"...

Fri 270209

Good news! Yup, it is! My ole junk got a new & better front windscreen!!

And yup, me happy cos my "rollercoaster ride"...at this point in my life... is hopefully slowly but surely going up. At least it is NOT going down some more! Well, in a way it is though. My bank account balance is going down...

Well, lucky for lil ole me 'cause me found that a car body panel workshop just a short distance from Lot 10 was open even on a Friday!

To summarise, a few calls to the repairer's hp resulted in a return call. 2 options were open. To refit the same type of glass or a better one ie a laminated windscreen - the type that is fitted to newer Proton Iswara cars. Me chose the latter 'cause it will, hopefully, eliminate the shattering experience typical of normal toughened glass types.

Total charges? RM430 ie RM230 for the windscreen & RM200 for rubber lining, windscreen adhesive/sealant and workmanship. Just about RM100 more than that for a normal toughened glass windscreen replacement. Worth it? Me think so...hehe...

Well, my ole junk is definitely better looking now (in a way) and most importantly, safer!

Here it is...

And the 2nd pic shows the etched info of the type of windscreen glass. Can you see the word "LAMINATED" on the right side of but slightly below the Proton logo?

Sincerely hope it is on par with those other laminated windscreens as we know them...certainly hope that it need not be proven in the future at all! We don't want that, do we?

Well, that brings to a closure the windscreen saga & hopefully, too, my run of bad luck...

Have a good weekend, everyone!! TC & be safe...

No comments: