Saturday, December 20, 2008

A few days b4 Christmas...

Sat 20th Dec., 2008

Yup, it's just a few days before Christmas...that joyful time to end the year. And yup, 2008 will end in joy for some but also sorrow for others. That's life...to me...always a rollercoaster ride...depending on where you are along the track at this point in time...

As mentioned in my earlier post, we had lost a kind & caring cousin. On a better note, his daughter, who was kinda critically injured in the same accident, is now out of danger & out of the ICU. Thank God for that! We sincerely wish her a speedy recovery... & with God's blessings, be able to celebrate CNY with all who love her soon...

Well, 1 more bonus week has passed...albeit with sadness then but now with hope.

Today is Saturday. Another COD. COD is "Chef's Off Day"...for the un-initiated. Lunch was @Jin Ho, one of our fav coffee shops, with my fav Fried KT...and my other half's Pork Leg Rice! Yummy!

Whilst walking around the nearby City Plaza Mall, I stumbled upon a video shop screening a clear copy of "Transporter 3", a very recent movie...still screening in local cineplexes. Me asked the shop asst. if it was a 100% clear copy. The answer came back positive & so me bought a copy. On further enquiring if the 007 Quantum of Solace movie was also available in the same degree of clarity, that guy confirmed it & so me got a copy of that, too.

Now, what can I say? Back home later, me tested the Transporter 3 copy. Clear. However, the sound has a tinge of cinema mode, if you know what I mean...you know, that kind of "hollowness" in a recording? A kind of resonance to it?

Testing the 007 copy, it was worse! Image was just that of a good cinema kinda of "clear" quality with a worse "echo" soundtrack! Real disappointed me...

Once more my faith & trust in ppl's honesty & integrity is severely dented! Now, it'll be some time before me will take a salesperson's words on face value to be what it is. Except the lady at my fav video centre. She has never disappointed me & knows exactly what I meant when me said "100% clear copy", namely truly a 100% clear copy...not even 1% short of that!!

Unfortunately, that lady also had an accident while on her way home from work abt a week ago. She was luckier...lots luckier than our cousin! She only suffered fractures in one leg...

We also wish her a speedy recovery...cos with my aforementioned experience, we do need a truly honest & trustworthy supplier of our DVDs!! Namely, she!

Well, dinner for today's COD is yet to be confirmed at time of writing this. Our "boss" has yet to decide...hehe...
The same goes for the movie in Cine Nite tonight. Ha ha!

Anyway, it's been a reasonably good week in Lot 10 OFH. Time passed easily enough although with sadness during the early days of the week that was.

A few events are lined up before we call it a year in 2008. A wedding dinner on 28th (cos the son of a close colleague will be getting married)...with a planned trip to Penang to meet up with my other half's sister from down under, most probably on the 30th.

And... the next day, 31st Dec, at the stroke of midnight, it's Goodbye 2008...Welcome 2009!!

Merry Christmas & a very Happy New Year to one and all!!

No comments: