Monday, December 8, 2008

Bits & More Bits...

Mon 8th Dec 2008

Believe or not, 1 more week has passed us by...and life has been ok lo...nothing worth complaining nor should we cos every day of life is a bonus! For inmates of Lot 10, that is...

To recapture the past week...

Weds 031208 - Made a trip to BM. Bukit Minyak area to be exact. Visited other half's bro to collect a couple of bottles of med for her, bought & brought back all the way from down under...courtesy of his son. That med, by Blackmores, unfortunately, is still not available here in Malaysia. Thanks a meg, CB!!
Lunch was courtesy of the bro & fmly. Thanks, KY!

Soon after lunch, we popped over to Penang Island to visit my other half's cousin in her home. Spent more than the usual time there and being late already then, we opted to call it a day. Dinner was at Tesco's food court before we made the trip home. As previously, we were once again caught in a crawl across the bridge!!

Sat 061208 - COD. Yup, one of those uknowhat days...haha! After breakfast, it was a walk-walk session @our local Tesco. Made a small contri to our not-so-new but still lots to see "sundry shop". Lunch was my fav ie fried KT, followed by another walk-walk session @Billion. Dinner was accomplished via our newly-adopted style, namely ordered dishes @Cola Coffee Shop near our OFH. RM24.60 incl a pot of "koke poh" (kinda mixed type) tea.
Cine Nite was not boring with the movie "Iron Man" based on Marvel Comics. Wonder if there will ever be a sequel...?

Sunday, 071208, was quiet. Routine this time around. The usual "idiot box" slots were there.

Well, today was like a mini "merdeka"!! A new billing month. Time once again to kinda "sign my life away"...not really actually! Like me told my other half...no worries...me am definitely not the suicidal type...hehe...like the proverbial "barking dogs don't bite" kind of person.

Location? Tesco Mergong had me signing away Rm100+. Adjourning to Star Parade resulted in a further RM500+ worth of my signature, besides "losing" some cash in the process.

The final total came to over RM600++!! Phew...a whopping sum, right? But whatever it was, at times we do need to pamper ourselves. Not really pamper with luxuries but with necessities. Items we needed but had to postpone till a better time. Like today. Ha ha...

Anyway, for our purchases at Guardian, we got quite a lot of unexpected goodies, with some extra discounts in the process, too! Like me kinda commented on the side...like striking a mini lottery!

This so-called "fling" was kinda motivated by our "Kay Pa" announcing our Xmas allowance soon...early...on 15th Dec. And also, the great possibility that we would be getting our CNY $$ in early January, 2009 since CNY this time around falls on 26th Jan. What's more... with a promised 20% increase from "Kay Pa" come Jan 2009! If that promise is fulfilled, that is...

However, all that can only mean one thing. Feb would be a long, long, long month! Well, you can't win them all, right? Like most would say...win some lose some!

Or like a common philosophy these days...Enjoy the moment! Not to worry, we are! Ha ha...

Enjoy yours...

5 comments:

Pingping said...

Hi Sir, I am glad to find your blog. I wish that you are always well and happy.

I am Soo Peng , your student. (3A1, year 2000). If you still remember there was a student faint and hurt his forehead during Science Lab, I was in that class. And glad to tell you that the student (Ting Jie) is now a doctor graduated from UPM ^^.

I am also studying in UPM, will graduate next semester (April 2009).

middlelip said...

Hi SP...

Tks a lot 4dropping by. Really warms my heart 2hear fr any of my former students lo...am deeply honoured 2hear fr you.

Tks also 4sharing good news of TJ. My sincere congrats to him!

And, of course, my warmest & best wishes 2yu in yr chosen career & all success in yr coming graduation!

Pingping said...

Oh, thanks Sir.

I forget to tell you that I am studying Consumer Studies and minor in finance.

Thanks for your wishes. Actually we, students of that class would never forget u , sir.

Keep in touch!^^

Pingping said...

Ops, i forget to thank you sir, for telling me Mr Cheah's contact. If you don't mind, I would also like to have your hp number too ^^.

middlelip said...

UR most welcomed, SP...