Friday, November 14, 2008

TGIF??

Fri 141108

TGIF? Maybe so for those of you still working...hehe...but definitely, it's just another day, another bonus day, for me & everyone else in similar conditions to mine!

So congrats to all who have managed to survive another week at work & congrats, too, to my fellow retirees who have been blessed with another week of life! Sincerely hope you did have good memories of the past 1 week of bonus days...

Me? Kinda quiet tho. But happy. Peace & Happiness. Good. And...Oh yes! In mid-week, me sort of yearned for a plate of nice succulent roasted duck. And so far, such a dish hasn't been found in A/Star in spite of my making enquiries from former colleagues. Tried one at Sbg Jln Putra once but it didn't measure up to the SP quality. Another was a stall next to the former Rex theatre but the duck meat that greeted us then, was not in the least inviting. (Any other recommendations?)

So, it was... that on last Weds, me made a special trip down to Sungai Petani where me had last enjoyed our lunch serving of tasty roasted duck!

As it was still too early for lunch when we reached SP, a detour to the nearby Giant hypermarket was in order. Although we do have a Giant hyper in A/S, certain items found in one appear to be not found in the other. So, such a visit has never been dull nor boring...got new things to browse through, not forgetting the shoplots within the same premises. More of such shoplots in SP than in the Giant in A/S. Me had my first experience with those "fish spa" treatments...those tiny fish which could cleanse your skin of dead cells, etc. Kinda ticklish experience...with a strange sensation that lasted a while even after treatment...haha!

Now about the roasted duck for lunch. What can I say? That wasn't my lucky day cos upon arrival outside the restaurant, it was found that the restaurant, with its special roasted ducks, was NOT open that day! The disappointment was instantly felt. The restaurant must be closed on Wednesdays. That was duly noted down.

Well, looking back, we realised that we had our first taste of the roasted duck when we actually went down to SP to have a second round of "Pan Mee" which was sold in a coffee shop nearby. At that time, the "Pan Mee" was not available. And so it was...this time around..., that since the roasted duck was not available but the "Pan Mee" was, we opted for the "Pan Mee" this time around...with extra "Mani" vege, too!!

And so, that trip was not totally in vain. And a nice but simple lunch it was!

After lunch, Parkson's was the next stopover. A redemption of my Bonuslink points was made...I'd lost 500 over points collected over the years! So, if you had not made any redemption of yours, don't forget to do so or your points would just fly away. Frankly, there's not much choices of redemptions to be made. With my total of just over 2000 pts left, I could just redeem 2 X RM10 Parkson vouchers. Well, better than nothing, right? I would have lost some more points by end of this month if I didn't redeeam them then. RM20 is still $$....

And yup, me almost forgot...a 2nd Tesco Store appears to be coming up soon in A/S!! Location? At the new Stargate development area just after the A/S (S) Toll Plaza. Saw the banner announcing it on our way back from SP that afternoon. Maybe ready for opening in time for the CNY 2009? Can't help wondering if biznes is that good in A/S...with 2 Billion's, 2 Pacific's/The Store, 1 Giant...and now gonna be 2 Tescos? Phew...

To me, however, it means 1 more venue for our "walk-walk" sessions...hehe....another place to while away our time! Wonder when is Jaya Jusco coming to town....??

In the meantime, me gotta etch 6 more marks on me prison wall before the prison gates are open once more so that me can take my other half on our rollercoaster ride upwards. 1 thing is for sure...one can feel confident that our "Kay Pa" will never fail us & will always be on time...even earlier at times!

Until then, do have a great weekend ahead...I will...with "COD" on tomorrow with the usual Cine Nite!

No comments: