Monday, October 20, 2008

63 or izzit 36?

Mon 20th Oct 2008

The day after...yup, the day after me turned 63 or izzit 36? I'd prefer 36, of course! But again, there's no escaping the fact me am now really really 63...

Unexpectedly, a number of events happened this time around...both happy & unhappy ones. However, me would prefer to remember the happy ones, wouldn't you? Me feel so, too! Sweet memories are for keeps...we clear our "RAM" & push those unhappy ones way deep into the archives in "ROM"...hopefully never to have to retrieve them ever!

Now for the happy ones. And...wouldn't you agree that this is a happy face?

The face of innocence. A face with a carefree & happy mind...unhurt & unblemished by this relentlessly "cruel" world we live in today.
Like in one comment me read somewhere...

"if only adults could see things through a child's eyes..."
Our world then would be a much much happier place to live in. And, of course, we would see more such "KL smiles"...a luxury on adult faces these days. Sad but true...

And yup, you guessed it! KL & fmly were down here...or should I say, up here...for her grandpa's bday. And yup, KL brought along, in her pretty self, the uncluttered, uncorrupted & genuine happiness of a happy kid! And yup again, the kind of sweet happiness this ole man has been starved of in his golden years. And her wholesome laughter rang on & on throughout her unfortunately short stay. The best medicine for this ole man's aching heart. Thank God for that.

Well, this ole man's wish for this bday is simple. Peace & Happiness. My other half added...Good Health. Now what would you wish for on your coming bday?

Like hinted earlier, that simple wish was not mine to be blessed with...not on these first few days of my new "bonus" year. Sorry...as also mentioned, such matters are to be pushed way back deep into our archives.

So, thanks to KL, my saviour...for the happy moments. The best present I got. I enjoyed my moments with KL.

Btw, me oledi updated a few pics in "The Many Faces of KL in 2008". Another step in KL's life journey. And hopefully, towards a happy life ahead...free from all the uncaring & hurtful ppl around. May God bless her & keep her safe...always. Amen.

Do have a piece of my bday cake...

Phew... Look at the number of candles...that many? No joke, man!

That's it! Yup, sorry again. Cos this time around there were more UNhappy events than happy ones. Not a good start but accept we all have to. Agreed?

On the melamine food scare, according to The Star today, a well-known brand, "Munchy's", was found by Hong Kong to have excessive levels of melamine in its products. However, the manufacturer has denied that.
Now isn't that confusing? What is the real true situation? What are consumers expected to do? Who are we to believe? YOU tell me...what you believe.

The worst scenario is not to trust any manufactured product. Eat only our own home produced products. Now, how do we do that? Even to make our own biscuits, bread or cookies, we still need certain ingredients which we cannot get from our homes. So....?

If only business ppl are more concerned about the safety of their products rather than just their profits...

Until next time around, be safe. Watch what you eat. Ok?

Have a great new week...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Sir. Your may not know me or remember me. I am only one of you many students from Keat Hwa. Just want to send my sincere greetings to you.

middlelip said...

Hi!
To all who'd posted good wishes for my recent bday...

Tks a meg 4remembering lil ole me...just one of the numerous teachers you had in your academic life. You guys really warmed up this ole heart with your thoughts.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
UKnoHu