Monday, September 29, 2008

Long time no go...

Mon Sept 29, 2008

Know what? 2moro is already the last day of the month of September! And soon it will be the end of 2008...with 2009 in abt 3 months! That makes one wonder what would be in store for the new year. However, in my case, I feel that 2009 will take care of itself when it does come along...
What is more important is what the day will bring. This has been my trend of thought ever since me adopted the philosophy of many others...namely "Enjoy the moment... " Every day has been a bonus day...of life!!

With that in mind & in spite of me ole body & ole junk, the true me took over last weekend. Yup, me & my other half went on a trip which we had not done in quite a while! And yup, it was a visit to Taiping...

The occasion? My SIL's birthday. Mentioned it in my previous entry. And yup, he's the father of our lovely KL. Know what making that trip meant, too? Yup, we also get to spend some time with KL. That's another bonus!

Well, I set the alarm clock to wake us up early on Sat morning. Had a simple bread & butter breakfast. And we were on our way....Taiping, here we come!

Arriving early, we decided to drop in at our daughter's new place of work. Columbia Asia Hospital, Taiping. Had a "guided" tour of the facilities. What can I say...we were impressed!! Go look-see for yourself if you don't believe me...

A pic of front view of the hospital ...the interior looks even better...
Up2date medically furnished & equipped rooms & facilities for all who need medical attention & services...very friendly staff on hand to serve you. Smiles everywhere. And yup, even a great cafe for the healthy ones! And yup2, we kinda "tested" the cafe...hehe...

Lunch was at the Prima coffee shop in town. Took our fav BBQ pork (Char Siew) with roasted chicken rice.

Next stop...KL & fmly's home. The rest of our day was filled with happy moments. And true to my newly adopted philosophy, we were really enjoying the many moments...

A pic of KL to share...on 27th Sept...More pics soon in the slide feature "The Many Faces of KL in 2008" in this Blog. Do watch out for the updates!




Ain't she just beautiful? Both of us had lots of fun playing with her. A pity, though, that these ole bones are not as willing as the young me in me...haha!

Well, dinner was to be our treat for the birthday boy. We went to the new Taiping Sentral Mall which was opened recently. The weekend crowd was huge. Esp now with Hari Raya celebrations just around the corner. Parking was the biggest problem...a few rounds and still not a hope!

So we had to abandon the idea of a dinner there nor for a 1st timer inspection stroll. Consequently, the bday boy opted for their former fav spot...Prima Kopitiam in town. Well, dinner was great! Even KL enjoyed her chips. Me? Ordered for Chicken Maryland. Imagine my surprise when the waiter brought along my order & announced that it was Fish & Chips!! However, the confusion was cleared when the Chief Waiter confirmed that it was really Chicken Maryland...(2me, kinda their own version lo) although it looked more like fish & chips (as declared by their own waiter)! Haha! Sorry, no pics...& so no evidence... for you to pass judgement here tho...

Back home, there was a simple bday cake do. Yup, candles were lighted & our bday boy made the usual silent wish before blowing out the candles on the cake...a special cake with both dark & white choc chips on top!

Here is the cake...

Before we dozed off that night, me & my other half recalled the day's happy events...nice thoughts.

The next morning, after all KL chores were done, it was our turn to be treated. Guests la...hehe...

Breakfast was at the family's fav Bah Kut Teh shop. With Chinese tea. Hot! Then it was another attempt to "tour" Taiping Sentral. No luck again! Not even in the neighbouring Tesco area. Finally, the nearest spot on a slope adjacent to Taiping Sentral was found.

The happiest person there & that morning was KL. She even got a free Digi heart-shaped balloon! Sorry but me forgot to snap a pic then. KL even had fun going up & down the escalators! A great & enjoyable attraction to her these days...kids will be kids, right?

Then it was time to leave... to be home in time for another special event!

The 1st Night F1GP Race...in Singapore! Yup, me changed my subscription package in Astro to the Sports package...with this event as an incentive!

And guess what? The "rush" home to enjoy the race was not in vain. This F1 GP special was truly special with lots of thrills & spills! To those who missed it, you really missed a lot! Esp so if you are a F1GP fan...

Above pics show the conclusion of the race...the winner, Alonso, and the top 3 on the Podium. Pics were taken with my N73 hp cam of live coverage projected onto our "Big" screen...

It was a good weekend. Sincerely hope that yours was just as happy...

ps. A special treat for all ye visitors to my Blog...KL doing her "ribbon dance" to music from a TV program...hehe...

No comments: