Thursday, April 24, 2008

The long-awaited day is here...

Thurs 24th April 2008

Yup, the day is here! The day when, as I was told on Monday, my accident-damaged car would be ready for collection. However, as usually attributed to the so-called "Tan Family Luck" syndrome, what greeted my eyes... when me went to check on the progress this morning ( I didn't go yesterday...) ...was that the next step had been taken in the repair process ie there is now a primer base coat sprayed on both the bonnet & the side fender! One more step to go...

After some wishy-washy conversation, I was told that it should be ready in late afternoon today. And guess what? It rained during lunch time! Phew! What luck! The "TFL" syndrome in action? Anyway since there is still a few hours to go before me expected to collect the car, I am hoping that they did start work on it before the rain...wish me luck!

Note : As has been the norm these few days...me forgot to snap a few pics of car while undergoing repairs... so sorry... :-( Maybe a kinda hint to me to practise the ole Chinese belief that such incidents should not be recorded but quickly forgotten...being a not nice incident...heheh....

An update here. Construction of houses under Taman Berjaya 2 has been continuing opposite Lot 10. Some had roofs put on already! Here are a couple of pics that me took this morning :

Pic on left shows a more distant view ie to the left...and the other is what is directly opposite Lot 10...appears to be a couple of bungalows? Frankly, the buildings are kinda too near for comfort, so to say... the price of development?

Anyway, as a result of the torrential rain session we had earlier (that I mentioned in passing just now...), waters rose once more and entered our porch. Luckily the rain slowed down and stopped just as the flood waters reached our front door! And the waters receded quite fast soon after. Thank God for that...

My near neighbour commented abt the flash flood situation and me jokingly answered...how else can we have the chance to play with water again like when we were kids...haha!

Frankly though, the less of such opportunities, the better for all of us! No fun, really....

Well, me will go try my luck in abt an hour or so...sincerely hope me get our car back. No wheels really like no legs. Not wanna "prison term" to be extended cos tomorrow is Friday...the weekend here...like a Sunday! Me just wanna settle my "fine" and be FREE!!

Wish me luck! No more "TFL" syndrome to overcome, hopefully...and must keep in my mind to never again follow closely the vehicle in front of me...not ever!! Bye...

No comments: