Monday, January 14, 2008

The week that was...

Monday 14th Jan:
Phew! The week that just passed was truly an eventful & hectic one...albeit with a few heartaches along the way.

First of all, the episode with the car battery did not end where my last entry ended. Simply because my car couldn't be started the very next day in spite of a 2nd NEW battery! Now all fingers were pointed at the alternator...the only likely culprit! Family mbers agreed, without any hesitation, from their own past experiences. One even challenged me that she was right thru a bet which she never throws! Ha ha!

So, I was up early on 12th Jan morning & decided to take my trusty "steed" over to a new workshop...one that supposedly specializes in car electrics. The boss, a Mr L, after listening to my grouses, also felt it was the alternator and a test with his meter proved true. A recon alternator was installed. Cost? RM150 incl labour & a new belt cos the orig just couldn't accomodate the larger recon alternator pulley. Well, the real test would be the next morning...

(Note: Frankly, between you & me, I would NEVER send my car to that workshop ever again! Atrocious workmanship! Imagine...a worker who has never done such a job was put to attend to my problem...he did not even know how to remove the old alternator nor the belting! On my enquiry, he admitted he had just recently started working there besides a few other shocking revelations!)

The final letdown (hopefully so) came that same 12th Jan night...a chip came off my right upper filled molar while me was flossing my teeth b4 brushing them! My heart practically dropped! Luckily it was just a small piece and it was felt that it was not big enuf to cause any problems for the time being. Follow-up treatment can thus be delayed till a later more convenient date. Month had been terrible enuf for th head, heart and even the pocket !

13th Jan was another early morning rise for me. And it brought good tidings. My ole junk started at first crank! A real relief, it was. However, the recon alternator was making some kind of clanking noise. Felt no point going back to lodge any complaints cos it is, after all, a recon unit...an old unit. Like most ppl would say, as long as it works...

Above : The 2nd new Yokohama battery and the recon alternator installed.

13th Jan, the next morning, me decided it's time to have better things in our lives...to breakaway from this chain of bad moments and fill our lives with happier thoughts, feelings & environment. So, after an early breakfast, it was...Tesco, SP...Here we come!! Next was the usual Giant on the other side of town. Lunch was at a nearby coffee shop near to Parkson's. Finally, life looks & feels so much better...refreshing, to say the least!

Well, that day and that week ended well. Like ppl also believed, bad things come in threes...and then the good things follow...sincerely hope so...

I'm really looking forward to a better if not great new week ahead. Have a great week yourselves, too!

No comments: