Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Not-so-good Start...

Wed 9th Jan.

What can I say? Life is a rollercoaster?

For me, in this 1st month of 2008, me thought things would go smoothly cos my first planned move was to replace my ole junk's Timing Belt & Water Pump...as mentioned in my earlier post. Well, that one went fine altho the replaced belt wasn't of the same source. Now still a Proton product but a Made in Singapore version. Hopefully it's just as reliable tho. Total expenditure came to a whopping RM547.23! Included an optional replacement of the air-con pulley bearing tho - RM25.

What happened next was unexpected! That same evening, me wanted to go get a mobile prepaid reload card. Got into the car. Switched on the ignition. Then a click & nothing else! My ole junk just won't start!! No lights, No horn, no nothing! Battery kaput! Sudden death! Too late to do anything...

On the next morning, called our friendly neighbour, Mr C. He helped ferry me to the nearby Tyre & Battery shop. Bought me a new Yokohama battery. RM185 now! It was only RM120 a couple of years back...

Replaced the dead battery and the sweet sound of my ole junk coming to life was a great feeling!
That was not the end of my calamities. I have had what appeared to be like insect bites on my forehead & scalp for the past 3 days or so. The swellings & redness of the areas refused to subside in spite of my applying our "miracle" med.

No choice but to visit our friendly family doc. At first look only, our doc exclaimed...you have Herpes Zoster! Simply put...Shingles...in layman's term. Phew!Pic above shows what I can show...hehe...on my forehead. Can't show those on my scalp tho. Doc warned me not to get near any of my grandchildren. Fear of transferring the HZ virus to them esp if they have not had "Chicken Pox" yet. And that's another disappointment...

My grandaughter, KL, would be celebrating her 2nd Bday on Jan 22nd. And with this advisory, me just can't risk going & sharing the joy in person! So so sorry, KL...

Sincerely hope that my rollercoaster would be on its way up the tracks soon if not now...

No comments: