Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Home Sweet Home...

Yup...it's Home Sweet Home time...hehe...

As ppl always say...no matter how far a bird flies from its nest, it has to finally return to it.

Yup, me back from Genting Highlands. Back from daughter's place. Back from attending a wake. Back from visit to my son's place. Home Sweet Home it is...
Like a wounded soldier, me also brought back a few "scars"....
Me accidentally stepped into a gap in the grating of a drain at the car park area at First World Hotel at Genting Highlands. Scraped parts of the skin of my upper thigh. What you see is after 8 days of healing...Thank God it was not worse...

Now for happier thoughts & memories. A happy, smiley KL greeting us at Lot 43, Taiping.Our 3D2N stay at First World Hotel up in Genting was memorable. Attended presentation of "Fly" at the Pavillion on our 1st night. The place has really transformed beyond my wildest imagination...from what me remembered in the 80s! Like all good times, this holiday had to end. We came down the hill on 18th Oct. A few pics to bring back memories...Above left: "Small Big Boss" - our KL while waiting for lunch @Tapah...on way to Genting Highlands. Pic on right : View of the outdoor Theme Park @ Genting Highlands.

Next stop was IKEA @ Mutiara Damansara. Bought a few useful items. Including this...for my comp. room. A magnetic display board.
Had a sushi dinner at Jaya Jusco, Ipoh. Tks, MDEL! And then it was all the way back to Lot 43, Taiping. Celebrated my "26"th Bday the very next day! In Lot 43. Above: Me cutting bday cake, specially ordered by my daughter...my fav flavour somemore. My SIL also gave me an Audio Amplifier. Tks a meg 2all...me had a truly great Bday this year!

However, the next day, Sat 20th Oct, brought along some sad news. My son's FIL had passed away. As I had not fully recovered from my recent flu attack, I thought it best to wait a few days so that I could recover well enuf b4 exposing others to my "strong" germs! Our sincere & heartfelt condolences to the family...

In the meantime me had the car audio amplifier installed in my ole junk. As it turned out, that amp made a very great difference to our listening pleasure. All past fallacies of an amp went flying out of the window! Anyone who has nvr installed an amp should get one installed asap! One nvr knows what one has missed until one has it...

On left: The Car Audio 2-Channel Amp unit installed under the front passenger seat.

Next we made a special trip to Pg to attend the wake of my son's FIL on Mon. 22 Oct. Had lunch with both our grandkids & spent some value time with them & my son. Tks, MDEJ!

Visited our fav niece later. Spent a few hrs there. Had a cosy dinner of tasty home-cooked food and b4 we knew it, it was time to make the trip back home to AS, enjoying wonderful sounds on the way...courtesy of my enhanced music system.

That was truly a very eventful week.

No comments: