Sunday, May 2, 2010

A second scare?

Sun 020510

Yup, me had a second scare! And yup, late at night or rather early in the morning of 30th April! After midnight on 29th April ...

You see, my other half was found to have covered herself with her blanket then. In reply to my query, she told me she felt cold. But the room wasn't cold...to me, that is.

Out came our digital ear thermometer. And yup, she was running a temperature! 37.7 deg C.

Made a small drink of Milo for her and gave her 2 tabs Uphamol for fever control.

In spite of that her temperature went up steadily by the hour to 38.1 deg C ! Now that got me worried. Another attack? A repeat of that unforgettable incident that resulted in my "crazy" 1+am drive to PMC & her subsequent 5-day stay in PMC? Not forgetting though, the loss of almost RM4k...

A professional opinion was urgently needed. And so it was that I took her for a consultation with our fav family doc. And she was great! She literally gave me that little bit of confidence boost that I'd needed. That boost to bring back the "Chai Chai-ness" that I had lost in recent years. In short, she told us that it was just a simple case of a viral infection. And that it would go away in just a couple of days...by itself! Without any antibiotics. No fear! Simple. End of story.

And true enough, my other half's temperature went steadily downwards as the day passed although there were anxious moments when it seemed to spike up a bit! Improvement came just with tabs of Uphamol, a cough mixture and plenty of fluids esp water!

Thanks, doc! Especially for the confidence I'd sorely needed so much...

Yesterday, 1st May, was a full day of normality but with continuing tabs of Uphamol. Today, 2nd May, was completely free of any medication. And at the time of posting this, my other half is resting...a normal person once more...

Thank God for His blessings....

ATM my other half is taking Ensure + FOS, a special nutritious drink to aid in her recovery & to help her regain her strength & resistance. Not cheap though @RM56+ for a 900gm tin. (RM28+ for a 400gm tin) Most importantly, it appears to be working...

The other day only I was joking with my other half that I was literally "sacked" from my post as "Houseband" which I'd assumed since the start of her "fever episode". And this second scare had re-instated me in that "Houseband" post! Now me am waiting to be "sacked" one more time...haha! Frankly, I'd be very happy to be "sacked" and to return her as HOD (F&B) of Lot 10 OFH!!

Yup, that would mean that she's back to her normal self once more and we can continue to walk down our "Life's Road" together, hand in hand, happily and hopefully, healthily, once more...

Hope you all are having a great Sunday! We both are.

No comments: